Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

GFI Languard

0 0

I just reinstalled GFI Languard 9 on my system and installed some updates and restarted my PC. After rebooting I come to find a new account is made on my pc called GFI LNSS Monitor Account. Anyone know what this is? I do not know if it was on my pc before installing or after. My pc uptime was up 10 days from the last reboot.

0 0

I ended up just deleting the account but if anyone knows how it may have got there feel free to post. I tried google for the topic but found nothing. I just hope It is not a Hacker. :right:

0 0

Where did you download GFI? Did you do a checksum check?

0 0

I downloaded from gfi.com. I don't think it was anything to worry about after looking over everything again.

0 0

f16e7 wrote: Where did you download GFI? Did you do a checksum check?

If you download directly from the site, you do not need to do a checksum check.

0 0

xZyph wrote: If you download directly from the site, you do not need to do a checksum check.

Your logic: "It's safe because it's safe."

Do the damn checksum check.

Greyhat in Training
0 0

GFI LANguard creates an Admin account on your system so it's able to do the scans needed.

0 0

Zer0Man wrote: GFI LANguard creates an Admin account on your system so it's able to do the scans needed.

I have used this program for a while and never noticed it making an account on my machine but this is the first time using it on Vista. I noticed my scans not working after I deleated the account so it looks like it is time for me to reinstall it. THanks for the info.