Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Off topic Posting Idea

Retired
10 0

I am tired of seeing all this off topic posting in threads, as I am sure so many others are. So, here are my ideas on how to fix this issue.

1. Add a new button, "Reply In New Thread"

2. Give the admins a button that will add 10 warn on each off topic post, with easy access.

3. add an off topic button so if x amount of people say it's off topic, it gets deleted.

Any comments, suggestions, or arguments* are welcome.

Please stay on the topic at least… really

0 0

Proper archiving instead of selective censorship plz

0 0

Don't blame those things, it's great if you manage to get it off topic i think everybody should try to get something as far off topic as possible, it's somehow becoming a trademark of HBH :P

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

jelmer wrote: it's somehow becoming a trademark of HBH :P Hence the need for a solution.

Admin from hell
0 0

The solution is for people to just stay on topic. If you have something else to add post a new thread, not to complicated, even first graders can do this!

Retired
10 0

I think it needs to be enforced farther than ifs.

0 0

sage system like *chan boards. Posting without bumping a thread, a way to mark your own reply off-topic.

Retired
10 0

And the ablity to Hide them

0 0

yours31f wrote:

1. Add a new button, "Reply In New Thread"

2. Give the admins a button that will add 10 warn on each off topic post, with easy access.

3. add an off topic button so if x amount of people say it's off topic, it gets deleted.

4. Would overflow the forums.

5. There is already a button for administrators that enables them to add / remove 10 CP which suffice seeing as if you get -X CP, you get auto-banned.

6. If I didn't like your post and I had X accounts, I could easily log on to each of them (or make a script do it) and delete your post.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: So how's the weather on your ends folks?

(And for the love of God, I am not posting off-topic, before some dick'ed decides to point and frown at me.) Explain to me how this is on-topic please. The meaning behind your oh so clever words eludes me.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: I changed the topic. C'mon, this is easy stuff. That in itself provides my view on the topic at hand. Just checking in case you actually had something valuable hidden in there. Do you know the meaning behind these words, or must I slowly spell them out? No need to get pissy with me. I phrased my question politely.

I agree with f16e7's answer. Another possibility is a "this thread needs moderating" button. If enough people request moderation, a mod is notified.

I'm sure the admins already have an easy access button for warning people, a "reply in new thread" button would most likely increase the number of offtopic threads since it eliminates all those steps that give people a chance to consider whether it's really worth starting a thread for, and the option for everybody else to delete posts could be misused too easily,

0 0

Apophis wrote: I'm sure the admins already have an easy access button for warning people

Read my post please….

0 0

xZyph wrote: [quote]Apophis wrote: I'm sure the admins already have an easy access button for warning people Read my post please….[/quote] What's your point?

0 0

Nice how everyone gets along around here. :right: IMHO just having rules and enforcing them should be enough. If someone posts an off-topic reply, they get a warning. Get enough warnings and you get banned. Simple. Besides, it's not like this place is getting flooded with off-topic posts…

0 0

So who would get the warning ? the person who started to get off topic, or the person who just couldn't control their self to act on the person above ? ;jk sounds good to me, cause you start reading a thread and halfway thru, it turns into a ultimate fighting match :P