Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

WayneShears.com has Forums

...Legend?
0 0

Hey there guys.

Sorry I have been inactive for so long, I have been busy working on personal projects as well as doing a bit of freelance web development.

I would however like to show you my site, which did I mention now has Forums?

Right, here is a URL to the site guys. Be appreciated if you could check the site out and provide me with some feedback, both positive and negative.

http://www.wayneshears.com

Also I would really appreciate it if some of you guys would register to the forums and try and get some chatting going.

http://www.wayneshears.com/forum

I have been working hard on the site and any feedback be more than welcome. Any back links would be awesome as well.

I will probally get some flames here but hey its HBH what do we exspect. Also I am in the process of closing my site.

http://www.wsfreeflashgames.com

The games will not however dissapear for ever I am going to add them to the blog. All the things we need in one place.

Thanks Guys

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

This belongs in the webmaster's lounge forums.

...Legend?
0 0

Right, I said any useful feedback about the site and expected flames about the site - not where the topic was posted.

Also I believe this section is called Off topic and a quote.

Talk about anything and everything.

Which I have done.

Now lets get back on topic.

0 0
  1. ads, ew.
  2. forum isn't utilizing 100% browser width
  3. your "blog" consists of whatever the free tabloids in the UK have headlined. Not really interested in that, but that's a personal thing I guess.

What's good? The layout of your blog is pretty nice. Albeit being a bit chaotic, it's stylish and feels fresh. The flashgames site also has a reasonable layout. I like the fact that even though I browse with NoScript, I'm still able to view pretty much all the content.

...Legend?
0 0

F16e7 thanksfor the feedback both positive and negative.

The content is as you said personal oppionion. I will look at the forum space comment and look to release an update for this in the next week.

Ahhh the Ads.I have to agree with you I do hate them - and they were only added to the site in the last week or two, these will not be a constant fixture and will be removed in the next 1-2 months.

I am half way to the price of renewing my domain for another year.

Thanks for the constructive feedback.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

What_A_Legend wrote: Right, I said any useful feedback about the site and expected flames about the site - not where the topic was posted. You're an admin here as well; you should be setting examples in the few minutes a week you're actually here.

Also I believe this section is called Off topic and a quote.

[quote]Talk about anything and everything.

Which I have done. [/quote] Oh, so why do we have all those other crappy forum sections? Let's just put everything in the off topic section. Who needs organization.

On topic now, the site looks decent. In the forums, I'd recommend a different background color than white; it just doesn't fit with the rest. Also, shouldn't there be a link to the forums on your main page?

Admin from hell
0 0

Agree, When I went to the forums I almost blacked out from the color change. Something a little darker to match the rest would look better. Other than that pretty nice.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Not everything needs to be tailored to you.

75 up to 100 percent width for a forum is standard. Tailored to me? No, dear chap, tailored to the commoners.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: [quote]f16e7 wrote: [quote]MoshBat wrote: Not everything needs to be tailored to you.

75 up to 100 percent width for a forum is standard. Tailored to me? No, dear chap, tailored to the commoners.[/quote] If you notice, the width he uses matches with the design. Need I point out a fair few successful forums that don't utilize the entire page? And bear in mind, I'm sat in front of two screens, a 22" and a 24". If I can live with a forum being a little on the skinny side, with flawless design integration, you on your 19" shouldn't have a problem… [/quote]

I have to agree with spy on this one. The forum is just too skinny even on a 19 inch. It doesnt need to fill the screen 100% but having a fixed width over a percentage doesnt make a great deal of sense with the huge variation of screen sizes people use today.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Otherwise, it looks fine, and at the end of the day, that's what counts.

A bland and hollow perception that translates in a statement that saddens my soul. You care about aesthetics that much? Pitiful soul.

0 0

You guys know what you could do that would be helpful? You could shut the fuck up. The OP has both of your opinions now, that's all he needs. He can decide which one to go with.

0 0

Apophis wrote: You guys know what you could do that would be helpful? You could shut the fuck up. The OP has both of your opinions now, that's all he needs. He can decide which one to go with.

OH NO, THE CONVERSATION IS EVOLVING IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE OP WILL SALVAGE REDUNDANT INFORMATION. EVEN THOUGH CONVERSATIONS USUALLY ENRICH ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WITH NEW VIEWPOINTS AND IDEAS, WE MUST STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT WHICH WASN'T REQUESTED BECAUSE BAWWWWWWW-

Seriously. Stop trying to steer the conversation. We even stayed on topic in this one.

0 0

f16e7 wrote: OH NO, THE CONVERSATION IS EVOLVING IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE OP WILL SALVAGE REDUNDANT INFORMATION. EVEN THOUGH CONVERSATIONS USUALLY ENRICH ALL PARTIES INVOLVED WITH NEW VIEWPOINTS AND IDEAS, WE MUST STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT WHICH WASN'T REQUESTED BECAUSE BAWWWWWWW-

Seriously. Stop trying to steer the conversation. We even stayed on topic in this one. Is anything valuable coming from this argument besides your own amusement? I haven't seen anything really valid since about 7 posts ago.

0 0

Apophis wrote: Is anything valuable coming from this argument besides your own amusement? I haven't seen anything really valid since about 7 posts ago.

I often wish I could tag my own posts as "off topic", so they can be hidden in the thread. Hidden, but still be.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Shut the fuck up. We're debating on two topic-related viewpoints. You've walked in and said that it's not related in any way. Really? You're not too keen are you? I never said it wasn't related, just that it isn't useful. Nobody has said anything new for quite some time, and really you're trying to convince the wrong person. Spyware wont change his mind and neither will you; it doesn't make any difference because only the OP's decision really matters, not yours.

:(
80 120

MoshBat wrote: It's the same with the way you look, dress and carry yourself. I don't know how you dress, so I'll assume it's plain (for mere simplicity right now), and thus, you don't stand out so much, and perhaps your dress sense is boring, plain colours, little designs on your clothes. Jeans and a T-Shirt. Nothing fancy. With that kinda look, you're not very likely to get that cute girl talking to you, are you? As much as we shouldn't, we judge on the way people look, and act. Hell, we even take notice of others' breathing (depth, timing, etc…) and judge accordingly. It's not something you may realise you're doing. Perhaps your T-Shirt is a little too baggy, a hole or two here and there. You're really not going to get talked to; too scruffy. I trust I don't need to take this metaphor into it's direct meaning for you to see my point. The peacock approach may be the most effective at getting noticed, but it will do little once the initial 'wow' factor has worn off. Look at it this way, if I were to wear a neon pink shirt to school, people would notice me. Hell, that's not right… Uhm… Well fuck that metaphor. Looks may be what grabs your attention, but it's the content that keeps you. You can only go so far on looks alone, eventually you've gotta pique their interest with real, actual information/conversation.

Aha! Got it! Say you wear something unweildy- a 'fashionable' coat/sweatshirt during the summer, perhaps. You wear it because it looks nice, not because it caters to the environment. People probably will take notice and might even bring it up in a conversation. But after a while, they, too, will realize how strange and out of sorts the coat is, despite it's aesthetic appeal.

Now personally, I don't see the small forum as a problem as much an area that can be improved upon if Wayne so desires. While I prefer the standard approach because… well… it's pretty standard, I can totally see why he did it as he did. Too many sites have a forum that seems to be a completely different site. The integration is nice, but perhaps… too nice, if that makes any sense.