Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

TOR: how does that work?

0 0

This isnt a post about asking how it works, i get the vauge idea,

but what intrests me is that before i installed it i had round about 10k download speeds, now i have it installed i am running at around 10meg, i thought routing through a load of connections were supposed to slow you down, how come it has increased my speed by 10?

0 0

What are you talking about?

0 0

MoshBat wrote: To be getting a download speed of 10 Megabytes would be unlikely, unless you live somewhere like Japan. 10 Megabits, approximately 1.2 Megabytes per second, would be more average for the rest of the world…

I can download in up to 12 MB/s and it's quite common around here.

@op: What kind of connection do you have and at what speed? Some ISPs reduce the speed for bittorrent. And they might not detect it if you use TOR.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: So how much is a 100(ish) Megabit connection costing you?

320 SEK/month (about 45 USD/month) with Bredbandsbolaget.

0 0

I have found that Tor can match the dl speeds of my ISP which doesnt restrict bandwidth. It is considered "impolite" to use Tor for file sharing, but cmon..? Tor has its own private tracker now so it seems that argument is double edged. You can dl from Tor's private trackers, but nowhere else??

My speeds can get upwards of 1-5mb/s on a good day. 12-30kb/s on a bad day. I think this has more to do with seeds then Tor though.

I guess Im impolite in that respect…if thats what were talking about.

Tor works like this:

Your command->node->node->command answered->node->node->exit node/your Tor IP->you

If thats what your asking

Edit-oops how Tor works wasnt what you were asking, but ill leave it up for those who want to know how it works..

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Sweden, your average is roughly 18 Megabits… Which is just under two Megabytes a second… Either you're in a bloody good business, or you're confused between bits and bytes… So how much is a 100(ish) Megabit connection costing you?

Also, check out the write speed of your Hard-Drive… You just might be wasting some money ;)

It doesn't cost me anything actually, since I'm a student it's included with my apartment. ;) But if I would have paid for my 100/100 Mbit/s it would cost 415 SEK (60 dollars or 38 pounds). For 100/10 Mbit/s it's a lot cheaper. And about writing speeds. We are two who share the aparment, we have 1-5 computers running most of the time so it's good to always have some speed left. :)