Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Best Challenge on HBH

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Hey HBHers, this thread is for you to post your favourite challenge on HBH, taking in to account how realistic it is, how challenging it is, how long it took to complete, skills required, etc etc.

So, discuss!

-System.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Well, I just like the timed challenges. I'm a programmer, so I find those fun. And realistic 2 since I got to write a program to brute force it. They're not very realistic or practical, but they're fun. The flash challenges were fun too.

Retired
10 0

My favorite, based on realistic-ness, would have to be a compilation of the stegs. I mean that's pretty close to how real they are. other than the steg challenges, I would say that EMpower was my favorite.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

Good thread:)

My favourite challenge used to be the old js16, because you couldn't complete it only with simple bruteforcer, but you took your brute script and you optimised and you optimised and then optimised some more. One of the most useful challneges when it came to programming… I like basic 28, because it's very fresh exploit, and it can be found in many many different places. I also like real 17, because it keeps me learning php, and I still haven't managed to finish it (oh and love the hilarious quotes):D And lastly timed are great programming begginers, and basically made me learn perl. which is by the way the best :D

Banned
0 0

Other 16.

0 0

hurrrrr basic 1

0 0

I like the timed challenges. Logical are quite fun too, but there hasn't come a new one in ages. :(

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I'ma have to vote for Pen 1, as it includes a lot of vulns which are uncommon, and it took a hell of a lot of work to create!

0 0

I liked all timed challs because, as someone of you knows, i'm a software engineer… someone of these are too easy but hey, they are nice! Anyway the best is Timed 7…

0 0

Basic 1 because it actually threw me off for a bit since I just sat around thinking "there is no fucking way that this is this easy" :P

MoshBat wrote: Oh, and basic 29, because only two people (at last count) had completed it. You guys have a list of who's completed what challenges, or you just sitting around going through all members' profiles? :P

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

COM wrote: Basic 1 because it actually threw me off for a bit since I just sat around thinking "there is no fucking way that this is this easy" :P

[quote]MoshBat wrote: Oh, and basic 29, because only two people (at last count) had completed it. You guys have a list of who's completed what challenges, or you just sitting around going through all members' profiles? :P[/quote]

Can search the db to see who's done what ;)

The Manager
0 0

I like REAL 13 and REAL 14…

Note to self…One more post then DO NOT POST EVER AGAIN!

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: Note to self…One more post then DO NOT POST EVER AGAIN!

hehe u want 1337 posts, lol :D

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Okay, without voting for one I've made or contributed to, my favourite one is gonna have to be: Real 16, because it uses one of my favourite exploits.

:(
80 120

I'd have to say both the pen-testing challenges because you are given the least amount of information on them. You're given a site and told to find whatever you can. No hints, no clues, no… nothing.

Other than them, I'd have to go with real 11 because it has a little bit of everything. App cracking and programming along with all the 'normal' breaking-into-a-site stuff? Yea, that's my idea of fun.

0 0

Well, basic 28 , basic 29, javascript 16, and pentests are awesome!

...Legend?
0 0

Pen test 1 for me.

For the simple reason it combines the most common exploits all in to one site and was a new idea.

0 0

I like app cracking the best, :p

Admin from hell
0 0

I agree with Futility real 11 does them all in. Just the right amount of everything.

0 1

I like the app cracking challenges the most, especially app 12 to 15.

0 0

Basic 1 FTW!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

0 0

I think basic 1 was good because it completley changed my idea of hacking. I had no idea what to do, but when I found out, MADNESS!!!

Pen-test 1 and 2 are good as well, I'd imagine they're as realistic as a challenge site can get?

0 0

i like basic 29. Xpath injection something new for me, but still i don't finished it yet :@

Banned
0 0

yours31f wrote: +2

It's only clever when you're not an idiot.

0 0

i can't think of a favorite. not that i truly have any word here (click my profile, see why) but, the funnest are those that you sit staring at the monitor saying "what the F*ck do i do now" that's where you learn a little more, and try a little harder, and deep inside you know your only making yourself that much better, and that much more knowledgeable than before. For me, that's the whole point in hacking, if there comes a day where it's just too easy, that's the day im going to quit.

but, i will admit, i hate the social engineering…if only you could be like, "HEY DUMBASS, HAND THE FUCKING PASSWORD OVER OR I WILL RAPE YOUR SISTER!!!" and they comply…hahahaha :D

0 0

My favorite so far has been Pen Testing 1. It was just…fun. More like that one please :).

0 0

I agree with Arabian. Pen Testing 1 has been the best challenge so far.

0 0

Well, since this thread has been revived, and i did not post yet, i'd surely say basic 28 was the most amazing challenge i've done here. It's surely, my favorite

0 0

I think I've had most fun with Timed 7. It was not a hard challenge, and it didn't take me very long, yet for some reason I liked it a lot. Oh and js16 was fun too, before it got changed (when it accepted only one answer). :P

0 0

I really liked the flash, rooting, steg, and logical ones, simply because I didn't have to really learn any advanced computer mumbojumbo. Although, upon reading the thread I see I have to actually learn some sort of programing language if I want to advance past being a "script kiddie?". I'm off to read up on the Pen Testing ones now.

0 0

apteryx wrote: advanced computer mumbojumbo.

Advanced. Computer. Mumbojumbo….seriously? bangs head against wall

0 0

I just meant I don't know any computer languages and I'm not a programmer or anything. I know how to count from 0 though…

0 0

Pen test 1, I just wish there were more penetration missions.

0 0

I know this thread is old but the topic is still relevant.

I think Application 16 is the hardest challenge on the site I've tried so far, following that code was insane and had me banging my head against the desk for days and days.

Are there any new application hacking challenges planned for the future ?