Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Camcorder Help-Sony CCDTR70

0 0

Okay, I found an old camcorder in my basement, an old Sony CCDTR70. I needed a camcorder, but I don't have the 600 dollars to buy one. So at the moment, I was thinking of using this one.

Now, this thing is about 10 years old, so it doesn't have USB capabilities. So does anyone know how I can get this thing running so I can edit on my computer?

0 0

Does it actually WORK? You may have to tune it into your TV and then go from there. Try searching google for something like 'VHS to Computer'

0 0

Yes, it works just fine.

0 0

which connections does it have?

0 1

to get a camera loaded onto a computer, you need a FireWire connection.

if your computers new you'll probably have one in the back. (looks kind of like a really fat USB with a point on its side)

then you'l need to make sure that your camera has some sort of cable connector thing on the camera… Ofcourse you'll need to purchase a FireWire cable, but they really arent very expensive.

But because your camera is as you said, 10 years old, i doubt it will have a socket on it, to allow for a firewire connection.

0 0

The only things it has are Audio and Video plugs.