Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Theme proposal - Please Read

0 0

Yeah, it's screwed in my MF…

Looks nice in IE.

0 0

One of my friends is pretty good with CSS I'll ask her to look at it if you like

0 1

i just looked at it in IE and…. wow

first impressions, i think its great and could very well be the main theme of HBH. Your grahpics skills are excellent.

that is actually amazing… does kinda make my eyes go a bit weird to focus on the words.. so perhaps thats something to work on. (maybe a more subtle orange on the buttons)

0 1

hackerbabe - dont make a image for every single button… make a standard one, and then use the CSS to load the image as a "background" image in the table.. that way, we can just write over the top of the image. Much easier, and makes it easier to change theme's.

0 0

Don't like it, is cool htough, maybe when its done, and erm I dunno anythign about css… :D

0 0

yeah I did that - The buttons you see on the left are actually only one image. The links are just written overtop of the image. (It was a real pain to center the links too) As you can see the word Steganography runs over on that one button and part of the y is where it shouldn't be :(

The problem is that for some reason Firefox just doesn't seem to want to load that CSS file for the background images… Odd but perhaps there is a downloadable extension that supports it - I'm trying to find out why….

Wolfmankurd, did you look at it with IE??

0 0

WoW, lol, I was trying to be nice earlier, but it was seriosuly crap, in IE its much better lol.

0 0

ahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found it… I have no idea why…. but if I give the ENTIRE path of the css file in the php file instead of just "\themes\1\style.ccs" it works in firefox…

So thats the only oddball modification that will have to be made to each php file…

Ok now onto the details of the rest of the theme…

I'm toning down the orange… Making some text dark dark gray that's not showing up. And you think I should change the color of the news layout from dark gray? I kind of like it. It's a nice contrast. What do you all think?

Opinions please? And then I'll zip it up and send it on…

0 0

Can you say against my better judgement if you're worng?

0 1

im looking forward to recieving the theme!!! So far it looks great!

few possible improvements:

• make a mouse over image, like the button, (perhaps highlighted or not beveled or something)
  • do something to the right hand side. (perhaps change colours or something)
  • maybe use more images for backgrounds etc
  • background of the banner should be same colour as site background ;)

0 0

hackerbabe wrote: Basically, what I'm looking for is someone better at CSS than I am. I can create all the images needed..

Also I dont know why firefox is not cooperating. Can anyone else see it with firefox? Maybe its just mine…

No problems with ff.

0 0

^ It's fixed.

0 0

yeah its workin now…got the ff problem fixed…

Ok Mr_cheese - I'll start on the improvements tomorrow… Also was not sure if you knew it or not but when I pull up the new site (the actual real one) I can't see the boxes on the right with IE. They only appear with firefox…. Do you want to try and fix that before we implement anything else new into the works?

0 0

Sorry, but i really don't like that theme………… damn it. :p B)

0 0

I don't like it either, but I will at least try to give constructive criticism:

1. Too much whitespace makes the 3d bevels look out of place
  2. The colour scheme is a little intense, maybe you could tone down the orange and/or change the white/gray to something softer?

However, I do think you are doing well to get anywhere with what we have to work with. My theme hasn't really come along much as the code we're supposed to work with is quite messy and a little restrictive (sorry if that offends anyone) and I'm really busy with Uni work and other development projects/websites so it doesn't leave much time for figuring it out. If it were up to me I would probably re-write the PHP to use a better template and integrate themes easier (ala Fusion or phpBB ).

Anyway, good luck with your theme entry! :)

Regards

0 0

yea, i dont really like it either. The buttons and banner dont look right, you need a background, this site now is far better. All the site needs is to recolourise it, and to get a new banner.

0 0

Well its not quite finished yet and I am open to constructive thought. I am planning on toning down the orange and separating the buttons some on the left. I still have to complete the right side and I don't have any hover buttons yet. I can make a few different versions of it as far as colors. We can change from the orange to another color rather easily. Green might be cool if it's the right shade. That isn't a problem… Background color - can be whatever.

I will submit different versions after I submit the main one. Perhaps after all the entries are completed from everyone, An admin can set up a custom page with a list showing all the entries and we can take a poll…

Give me credit for trying here, this is my first CSS project and I'm learning as quickly as I can. I'm not a web developer, ( I'm a System Admin/Tech for a library system) I just like to play with graphics (2D and 3d) as a hobby.

Anyway, I've gotta go bake a cake for my Halloween Party, I'll start on modifications tomorrow.

More suggestions are welcome, Especially those of you who don't like it. Lists of Modifications so far are:

Needs Hover buttons Need to finish right side Tone Down the Orange Try to separate buttons more. Make text visible that isn't now

0 0

hackerbabe wrote: Give me credit for trying here, this is my first CSS project and I'm learning as quickly as I can. I'm not a web developer, ( I'm a System Admin/Tech for a library system) I just like to play with graphics (2D and 3d) as a hobby.

And I did, as I said you are doing well, it's only really the colours I don't like, and the layout just needs tweaking :)

Regards

0 0

From what I see, you have talent. The main thing I dislike with the page is the graphics. My opinion is that you rely far too heavily on cool 'effects,' such as specific tricks learned by Photoshop tutorials. You have good design talent, (both artistically, and through CSS,) but you need to step away from cool-effect graphics style, and evolve your art into becoming seamless.

Aim for a page that is visually stunning, as well as calm, smoothe, and elegant.