Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

DC's cryptanalysis challenge 2

0 0

Some people encrypted a message using my python encryption script in the code bank, but they didn't follow my instructions. They used a key made up of words instead of a random one, and it's not nearly as long as the key. This alone should be enough to crack their encryption, but since this is just my second challenge, I'll give you a hint. the plaintext starts with 'mr president' markup5uGV59vR39fJ29PmlZXZ29iZ1uTm3NGM1NHfyuWH7Mrm55nQ6ZfW1dDczt3N5pWV2dvYmd/W6tzj2+DJls7lh53jlLPs5OXc29/R0dfb2Zs= The plaintext also has a password in it. message it to me, and I'll post a reply here saying you cracked it. No submissions for the first challenge yet. Tell you what, whoever can crack these two first gets honored as a cryptoninja for a month in my sig.

Python Ninja
0 0

i don't understand!

are you saying that the key has characters not just numbers? so "they" modified your script?

or what?

0 0

Sorry. I'm really not making these very clear, am I?

The script used for this challenge is different from the one in the first challenge. You can find it in the code bank under DC's cryptanalysis challenge 2. And yes, the key used in this one is a string.

I think you'll find this one much harder than the first.

0 0

Starting to work on it now. I'll edit this post when I've completed/PM'd you the answer.

Edit: Got it, and I can't PM it to you DG because your inbox is full. :(

-Nirucesis

0 0

I beg to differ with your key. Never is a very long time. :p

0 0

LOL Yeah, fatal pride cracked this. Anybody else still wants to, the challenge is open ended. PM me the answer, and I'll confirm it here.

0 0

Nirucesis has also cracked this one.

Looks like maybe I should get to work on the third challenge.

ps. no spoilers please.