Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Password RAR archive

Python Ninja
0 0

I'm sure it's somewhere in the forums, but i'm on dialup right now and didn't want to trawl through them.

I've downloaded a big rar archive and it's passworded. any ideas on where to get the password/bypass it? i'm trawling through the binary now on the offchance it (or it's hash is in there ((not likely)) )…. any other ideas?

0 0

Bruteforce maybe ?

0 0

never used it before, but first thing i got in the google results was http://www.rarpasswordcracker.com/

scan it for viruses, etc. though, and hopefully it works. not sure if it bruteforces it, or if it actually is able to find the password and actually crack it.

0 0

Its usually the name/address of the site that released it (which would take too long to brute force). I would suggest trying to find out who put it up there and guessing at the password, or if registration is free, just join and search for it.

0 0

I wouldn't bother trying to brute it… its not like a .zip where you can fire one/two million attempts per second… you'll get a max of 20 attempts per second which is too slow.

Your best bet is to find the pass from where ever it was downloaded.

Good luck

Python Ninja
0 0

i got it guys. like an idiot…. the pass was in the filename. bugger knows why on earth you'd bother passwording a file and putting it in the filename. i dunno. seemed like a good idea at the time would be my guess. i may try those apps out anyway just for shits and giggles. cheers