Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Desperate: DES bruteforcing John the Ripper?

0 0

Ok I got a DES encrypted file: 99E2BBF4710FFCDD It is suposed to give me a 4 numbers pass.

I tryed to use John the Ripper: I made a crackme.txt file with "User:99E2BBF4710FFCDD" in it. Then I used john the ripper and it says: no password hashes loaded.

What can I do?

0 0

dude maybe if you would stfu in the shoutbox and read what ppl say then you would know what to do. cheese if you read this plz warn him for spammin the shoutbox

0 0

Sorry for that, I had the message: Could not reach SQL database so I pushed back and clicked shout again. Mabe if the server didnt had sql conection problems it wouldnt have happen. I usually dont even use shout :( I just kept getting the: SQL DB has refused connection. I went back many times and clicked shout again till I realised they might actually have been posted and I was spaming(wich happened) and I stoped and waited sometime.

ALtho if you look at the times, the messages got at different times wich means:

1-There may be some others to come since after going back to shout again many times I never shouted that again, I wouldnt make such an ass of myself (been hanging long enough to know that I'd be flamed if I did that).

2- There apears to be a delay with the server.

0 0

and for any1 wanting to help (since I really didnt mean to shout so many times :s), it may not be a DES encryption since JTR doesnt detect a valid hash for it.

Admin from hell
0 0

Maybe you need to tell use why you need to crack this so bad:angry:

0 0

well I was given that challenge 2 days ago. I spent the 1rst day googleing for DES and reading what it was, then the 2nd day trying to find a DES brutteforcer or cracker. I finally saw that john the ripper was probably the best one specially since it is a four digits answer but I couldnt get John to extract the hash from the .txt I made so I guess it's not a valid DES hash. Thus I'm really lost. I belive it may have something to do with IBM 4704 encryption but google hardly gives me anything about it :/

0 0

Cmon what is this all about?

0 0

trully it's a challenge I'd like to solve and lear something while doing it :/

0 0

jaja I just found this post again XD, all that was about a credit card Pin encrypted with DES and XOR ^^. Although it really was a challenge.