Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

DES hash with john the ripper

0 0

how do i crack a DES hash with john the ripper? the command i use is

john -wordlist:list.txt pass.txt

i replaced my john the ripper exe thingi with john

0 0

I use john-mmx -w=wordlistname -ru filewiththehash

0 0

I use john-mmx -w=wordlistname -ru filewiththehash

0 0

im trying to do it like this and i get stat: pass.txt: No such file or directory

0 0

im having the same problem. any ideas?

0 0

I just bdrag and drop the password file onto the exe file… Probably doesn't do wordlist but always works for me

0 0

1.make a file called hash.txt and put ONLY the hash in it, and another file called wordlist.txt 2. save it in the RUN folder 3. open command prompt 4.cd to the run folder 5.type john-386 -w:wordlist.txt hash.txt 6. There should be a new .pot file called john. open it up in notepad, although most other programs work to open it such as word/ppt 7. Plaintext found!

0 0

bigggnick wrote: 1.make a file called hash.txt and put ONLY the hash in it, and another file called wordlist.txt

1. save it in the RUN folder
  2. open command prompt 4.cd to the run folder 5.type john-386 -w:wordlist.txt hash.txt
  3. There should be a new .pot file called john. open it up in notepad, although most other programs work to open it such as word/ppt
  4. Plaintext found!

…or just do steps 1-5 then type: john -show hash.txt

That's right isn't it? I've only used JtR once :P

0 0

There's a video tutorial on http://www.thisisasite.net on how to use John. It has no sound, so it's a small file (1.4mb compressed).