Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

IOT Encyryption

0 3

It's only a matter of time before everything we have is networked together, or IOT as it's referred to (stupid term, but I guess it gets the point across). As a diy kind of person, I've been contemplating the best way to secure some of the devices I create. I have mixed bag feelings about hardware key encryption.

On one side of the field you can say that you can verify against hardware encryption with more confidence than you can software. On the other side, hardware encryption can mark the device thereby violating privacy. It also prevents you from easy adjusting how security is done. There are those that claim that hardware encryption is the only way to confidently secure a device, but alarm bells are going off in my head and I can't place why.

Thoughts?

10 9

Don't worry, everything will have default passwords and be stored as plain text.

0 3

Probably. They have modules that provide hardware encryption for PTP, but as I said there's alarm bells ringing in my head for some reason.