Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Rfid system derived keys decryption

0 0

Hi,

I am on research of rfid security systems, I have selected one big network and have got from few tags all secret keys. I know this network use derived key encryption so I am interested is there any chance to get masterkey? Since I am totally noob in cryptographic any help would be very helpful:)

Here is the derived keys system 'master key: derived key = ENCRYPT(master key, card id)'

So I have few DERIVED KEYS and CARD IDS

CARD ID : DERIVED KEY a76161f1 : af4b2bc8fecc f7b380f1 : 094f18753908

So once again any help ideas or etc would be very helpful! Thanks

0 0

domc wrote: is there any chance to get masterkey?

Unlikely, unless it's a poorly designed system.

0 0

And how to research how system poorly or not designed? From where to start? I can't find from where to start…

0 0

And how to research how system poorly or not designed? From where to start? I can't find from where to start…

0 0

Before I start, I'll just say that I doubt that it's possible to get the master key.

domc wrote: derived key = ENCRYPT(master key, card id) Do you know how this ENCRYPT function works? If you do, then take a look at the algorithm and see if you can somehow reverse it using the derived key and card id to get the master key. If this works, that is what I meant by a poorly designed system.

If you don't have the encryption algorithm, finding it out should probably be your first step.

0 0

Firstly I would like to thank You starofale for replies with help.

One thing I know there is nothing impossible…

I don't know how encrypt works, so I don't have algorithm only thing I know how system works:

CARD UID (uniq id) > READER = (UID (ALGORITHM) = SECRET KEY (DERIVED KEY) >> LOGIN to CARD)

ALGORITHM UNKNOWN CARD UID KNOWN SECRET KEY KNOWN

things I can do:

1. I can do SNIFFING attack then reader and card is talking (MAN IN THE MIDDLE)
  2. I can emulate card with specified UID and collect all data which reader send to card and card to reader

I have collected more than 60 secret keys (DERIVED KEYS) with dark side and nested attacks from cards

So how I can search for algorithm? I think there is should be math like X and Y if I am not wrong… Because there is only one unknown from three. And I can collect much data I can use FPGA for calculate. Sorry for that I am wrong or stupid questions I am very noob in cryptographic…