Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

new hashcracking idea

0 0

During the creation of a hash cracker i came up with an alternative solution, i am not sure if this was a good idea but i want to know your ideas about it.

Me, having about 1gbit web space was thinking about the way how to store a hash, now i came up with the idea letting google everlasting index my site. People searching for a specific hash on google would come to the right place and can simply read out their hash.

What do you guys think about this, could this be a good alternative to password cracking or is there a gap in this fairytale.

I am concerned about the amount of bandwidth this might burn.

here it is: https://root.cd/hashcracker/hash.php

by the way, this is NOT an invitation to hack the site because it is in a redesign phase, please leave my site alone, later on i will let you guys re pentest it with money prices included.

0 0

Keep your money! Im gonna pwn you! :p ( J/K )

Banned
0 0

The idea of using Google's indexing service as rainbow table was expressed once on sla.ckers.org. I however, would never trust a third-party client with such data. Especially not Google.

0 0

its not sensitive data or something, it are just boring hashes, i don't see a way how google could abuse this.

Banned
0 0

jelmer wrote: its not sensitive data or something, it are just boring hashes, i don't see a way how google could abuse this.

It's not the abuse that you should be worried about. It's a trivial task for google to stop indexing large collections of MD5 hashes, or stop people from searching for a hash.

0 0

I dont think google is really caring, i heard rumours that google made their own algorithm, if it is really out there somewhere they wont really care i think.

:(
80 120

jelmer wrote: I dont think google is really caring, i heard rumours that google made their own algorithm, if it is really out there somewhere they wont really care i think. Really?

0 0

well, yea, i cant really imagine a situation where google would care as long as they wont lose money/name. They know there are ways to proxy things through google trough translator, they don't have loss of money nor name so they wont really care lot about the entire problem. I do not think that google's intention of making the translator tool is making a proxy network too at the same place. It should not be too hard to fix such issues right? But no money involved, no loss of name involved, (no problem involved?)

0 0

I think its a pretty cool idea. If you have a hash just enter it in google and you'll find what it is.

A couple of question though.

1. How would you store the list of hashes?

2. Up to how many hashes are you going to store on there?

3. Wouldn't take a long time and probably more memory than is economically possible (unless you have money to afford storage and bandwidth)?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything I'm just wondering how you would achieve this.

0 0
  1. How would you store the list of hashes? Not, the idea is that google will index me so i dont need more disk space, this was the problem where i had to come with an idea to store it in a different way
  1. Up to how many hashes are you going to store on there? untill im running out of bandwidth i think
  1. Wouldn't take a long time and probably more memory than is economically possible (unless you have money to afford storage and bandwidth)? You are right but it will index a lot of hash'es before my bandwidth will run out, in that case it will still be possible to push the 'in cache' button at google or see a glimp of the result in the google result.