Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

AES and Blowfish

0 0

hello…i'm doing some research about AES and Blowfish. the research focus on the level of security that both algorithm perform. from what i know, both of algorithm have never been cracked. but i have to proof that.

the problem is i have no method to prove that. i want to use JTR to crack AES and Blowfish (to show the process)..but seem like impossible.

so..i hope that someone can give me suggestion on how to proof that problem..

thank you…

Banned
0 0

Bruteforce methods are tediously slow in case the password is a good one. If you want to mathematically prove that these algorithms are (reasonably) safe, have fun phoning to NSA.

Seriously, they can't expect you to back up these statements with detailed algorithm analysises.

I recommend you apply some bruteforcing, show a nice cost (time) vs. profit (cracked passwords) graph, and apply some basic mathematical stuff. If you're going to do a line-by-line analysis of these algorithms I salute you, and wish you good luck.

Have fun failing your school assignment though.

0 0

I agree with spyware. It is really hard proving that. What "level" of education is it, btw?

0 0

You have to understand the algorithm then try to think about how it can be reversed and estimate a time for this inverse-algorithm to be done taking into consideration the computer power needed for the operation… At least that's how I deal with it… Note that everything is breakable, but saying that an encryption is unbreakable means that you really needs lots of time to break it… So after this long time, the plain-text you will get is unimportant, expired and not valid anymore…

0 0

hehehe..thank you for replying..

this research is my final year project for degree level. if this research fail..means i can't graduate…hehehe.. my knowledge about cryptography are limited. but i think that cryptography and computer security is very interesting field in computer science. that's why i choose this topic.:)

i know it hard to prove it…and i'm thinking about using brute force. although it's very tedious..but i can show the process and prove that both algorithm can't be crack. i try to use JTR but it's seem can't use to AES and Blowfish. is there any brute force software that i can use??..

Banned
0 0

If you're planning on logging every step of the way you are way better of writing your own software.