Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

JtR too long time

0 0

Hello! I've just installed JtR (jumbo pack) and i did try to break some lotus 5 hashes. It work just fine one was finish in 1 min and another at 2 hours. But when i attempt to crack dominosec hash (salted lotus 5) it didn't work that well. i had 3 account in the text file and i wait 20 hours without any success. Is that normal or did something bug? Thx for any answers.

0 0

Sweni wrote: Hello! I've just installed JtR (jumbo pack) and i did try to break some lotus 5 hashes. It work just fine one was finish in 1 min and another at 2 hours. But when i attempt to crack dominosec hash (salted lotus 5) it didn't work that well. i had 3 account in the text file and i wait 20 hours without any success. Is that normal or did something bug? Thx for any answers.

Do you even understand how JTR works? It takes a word list, and it hashes each word or string and tries to match the hash to the one you put in. Obviously that hash is a word or string that is A too far in the wordlist or B too far down the brute force path and hasn't been reached yet. There are several options and word lists you can use.

0 0

20 hours isn't too long. Start it when you go to bed and just let it run that night and the next day. Patience is a virtue. ;)

0 0

Salted hashes will take a very… very long time unless you know what they are salted with. Just start JtR, go live your life, come back in 50 years, and retrieve the cracked hashes. Then kick it like Benjamin Button.

JtR love you long time. I hate pointless threads.

0 0

serious will this take 50 years without salt format? I'll give it 50 hours max! I mean there is a format for it (dominosec) that can take 50 years(very very long time)? :o

Admin from hell
0 0

As stated by slpctrl and me a thousand times build a nice big wordlist and do a dictionary attack. Salted hashes are harder but the more words you have to compare to the better off you are, Bruteforcing should be the last option. Really getting tired of these JTR threads there are a thousand articles and tuts on google now not like when I started using it.:@

0 0

Korg and Zephyr definitely know what they're talking about. If you hash is salted, you need to find out what it's salted with. If you can't find that information then just move on altogether.

@Korg: Glad to see you back on the site man. :)

Banned
0 0

korg wrote: Really getting tired of these JTR threads there are a thousand articles and tuts on google now not like when I started using it.:@

–help not good enough for you? (or was it -? back in "the days" ;)).

Admin from hell
0 0

I bounce in when I can, These past few months have been busy as shit. Happens every year during the holidays.