Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

cryptography book

0 0

Books 1 - 10 of 7,561 on cryptography

can anybody narrow this down?

0 0

Be more specific? What do you want done?

0 0

sorry. To be honest I don't want to just crack stuff; though would be cool. I want to understand cryptography conceptually. I really don't know much on the topic so a beginning book.

Retired
10 0

To start i would surf google, get an idea of what your looking at, then read a book.

0 0

Encyclopedia of Cryptology David E. Newton A really useful guide to all things cryptographic. Find out more from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com

Codes, Ciphers and Other Cryptic and Clandestine Communication Fred. B. Wrixon Slightly more detailed than Newton’s encyclopaedia. A hefty book that will answer lots of your crypto queries.

Find out more from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com.

Codes and Ciphers Fred B. Wrixon The shorter, drier version of Wrixon’s book described above. A useful reference book. Find out more from Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com.

Enigma and WWII

Battle of Wits Stephen Budiansky Not just the story of Bletchley Park, but also the story of the American codebreaking achievements against the Japanese. Find out more… Even more info at Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com.

These are the best ones that I could find. Hope this helps man.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

whitecell wrote: sorry. To be honest I don't want to just crack stuff; though would be cool. I want to understand cryptography conceptually. I really don't know much on the topic so a beginning book. Find a book on number theory. That's a good way to get started with really understanding the science of crypotgraphy.

0 0

Just for the record, I just ordered a cryptography book for under £3 (GBP) inc. post and packaging.

i know this wasn't relevant by any means what so ever^^

0 0

whitecell wrote: Books 1 - 10 of 7,561 on cryptography

can anybody narrow this down? In the future, do not start threads this way; it's vague and annoying. Be specific with your questions.

Back on-topic, follow ynori's advice and do some basic reading on crytography (such as a Wiki or "beginner's guide") to narrow down and prioritize your learning goals. Take it one step at a time… as crytography encompasses many forms and processes, you are not going to find an all-in-one solution.

0 0

Try out Practical Cryptography by Bruce Schneier. He was the one who made the blowfish and two-fish algorithm. You might want to also look at his other resources on his site. His crypto-gram newsletter is also fun to read.

0 0

Thanks guys I am checking them out now, and I'll be more specific in the future zeph.

0 0

http://www.amazon.com/RSA-Securitys-Official-Guide-Cryptography/dp/007213139X

Was by far the best one I've read. It discusses how keys are used. How they generate random numbers using RNG's and PRNG's for the keys for the algorithm. How bruteforcing and dictionary attacks work. Discusses the key distribution problem, digital envelopes and signatures. Talks about Public and Private keys in Cryptography and how they work. Goes a bit into how hex and binary work into relation of cryptography. I think it is one of the best ones out there and it's cheap.

0 0

yours31f wrote: To start i would surf google, get an idea of what your looking a

I agree. as soon as I understand enough to get an idea of where I'm going, I like to find a video lecture. It's more time-productive (if you know where you're going).

@ op, hit me up on aim

0 0

The Code Book

"The science of secrecy from ancient Egypt to quantum cryptography"

• By Simon Singh

Trust me, It will serve your purpose. It was recommended to me by Frost_T who swore by it. It is very in depth and was a very good read as well.

B)

Get it.

cueballr. :D

0 0

@ cue I actually thumbed through that one at barnes and noble pretty cool book

0 0

cueballr wrote: The Code Book

"The science of secrecy from ancient Egypt to quantum cryptography"

• By Simon Singh

Trust me, It will serve your purpose. It was recommended to me by Frost_T who swore by it. It is very in depth and was a very good read as well.

B)

Get it.

cueballr. :D

I've seen that book recommended at least a dozen times, it's a course book for the crypto class at my college, and I've read it a while ago. It does touch on some logic, but it is more of a "history of cryptography" book. I think all of the actual logic could fit into one article-leangth paper