Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

quantum cryptography

0 0

does anyone even have a clue about how it works. it is said that it is impossible to bypass because the laws of physics protect it. How can you bypass something like that?

Banned
0 0

You can bypass it with.. erh, in theory, tools, in the future.

0 0

well to bypass it you would have to break the laws of physics so this would be the first 100% secure system. This could be released in about a year.

Banned
0 0

tuchezviper wrote: well to bypass it you would have to break the laws of physics so this would be the first 100% secure system. This could be released in about a year.

False.

0 0

why?

0 0

tuchezviper wrote: why?

because as technology to secure information advances, so does the ability to crack it.

Not to mention 100% secure would never involve human interaction. Once it does it will NEVER be totally secure.

0 0

its easy to bypass but the thing is alice and bob would notice easily, so alice would never publish the key to decrpyt the communications. so you can either not intercept it and know how to decrypt it (which is useless since you havent intercepted it) or intercept it but not know how to decrpyt it (which again, is useless)

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Folk Theory wrote: you can either not intercept it and know how to decrypt it (which is useless since you havent intercepted it) or intercept it but not know how to decrpyt it (which again, is useless) Sounds like the Heisenburg Uncertainty Principle

0 0

Thats a wicked theory :D. Always with the german quantum physicists :p. Quantum cryptography is a really interesting topic, but im not so sure it will be the end of security problems. For example, back in the 70's people thought that DES was gonna solve everything, now when we see a DES encrypted string, we chuckle and whip out john.

0 0

i heard that soon files will be able to be encrypted into sound waves or light rays?:o no idea how it will be Decrypted though :right:

0 0

Sounds like fiber optics to me… I've heard about a way to store info on carbon strings so it would last for nearly eternity.

0 0

tuchezviper wrote: does anyone even have a clue about how it works. it is said that it is impossible to bypass because the laws of physics protect it. How can you bypass something like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cryptography

And it can be attacked by intercepting and resending the photons;)

0 0

s33us00n wrote: [quote]tuchezviper wrote: does anyone even have a clue about how it works. it is said that it is impossible to bypass because the laws of physics protect it. How can you bypass something like that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cryptography

And it can be attacked by intercepting and resending the photons;)[/quote]

To intercept the photon, you have to detect it, and to detect it, you are in theory, altering it. -Schrödinger's Cat- So that would mess up your chances of getting any real data, as you have already altered the photon. -I'm assuming that without the proper encryption, that the computer wouldn't accept the photon, and that when you alter the photon before reading it, that you have no access to the correct key-

But on the other hand, this is what I'm thinking:

Folk Theory said, like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that you can have one or the other, either the message, or the key, but not both.

Now let's say, for arguments sake, that we have found a way to definitely harness quantum entanglement. One could use photoelectric paper to detect the photon, and entanglement to create a twin, a double of the photon being sent. This photon would be sent to… anywhere. Then the original photon, we'll call this P1, will continue to its original destination, unharmed. When the computer receives P1, it will change P1, so as to 'read' it, therefore changing the twin, entangled photon (P2). Now the attacker has vital information. He could now alter P2, so as to alter P1, and the information already on the computer.

Please correct me where/if I messed up.

0 0
  1. by obtaining a copy of the photon u have already altered it

2. Who's to say that by changing one, the other will change too

0 0

tuchezviper wrote:

1. by obtaining a copy of the photon u have already altered it

2. Who's to say that by changing one, the other will change too

3. There is no necessary interaction with the photon to get a 'copy' of it. The photon 'chooses' to become entangled with another photon

4. Because that's what quantum entanglement is. Here is a wikipedia article I just found. It goes along with Newton's law that "every action has an equal and opposite reaction". When one photon of an entangled pair is acted upon, the other photon experiences the opposite effect.

0 0

Risen wrote: i heard that soon files will be able to be encrypted into sound waves or light rays?:o no idea how it will be Decrypted though :right: Oh, no… How will we ever be able to focus energy sources into media of our choosing and use them for controlled transmissions? Here to provide more insight is a random cantankerous fool from the 1950's:

Cantankerous Fool wrote: I don't give a shit.

There you have it… depth of knowledge from a source like no other.

s3klyma wrote:

1. There is no necessary interaction with the photon to get a 'copy' of it. The photon 'chooses' to become entangled with another photon

2. Because that's what quantum entanglement is. Here is a wikipedia article I just found. It goes along with Newton's law that "every action has an equal and opposite reaction". When one photon of an entangled pair is acted upon, the other photon experiences the opposite effect. I must say… I am awfully impressed with the way that you write your posts and provide sources. It proves that you actually care enough about what you're discussing to do the research and learn about it. I'd give you a beer, but it won't fit through the wire… and "over the air" runs into that horrible gravity rule.

Oh, and don't use Wikipedia sources; I know they're quick and easy to find, but they're not considered a credible source by any educational institution you'll ever go to. Dig a bit longer for better sources.

Now, for the part that is on topic… I just simply agree with those that have already stated this: Cryptography cracking will evolve as cryptography does. This will always be the case. It may take years to understand the solution enough to breach it but, inevitably, it will be breached. The only type of cryptography that we will be unable to crack (if there ever is such a concept) is one that we did not devise ourselves.

0 0

At op: read a book, search online, don't ask for everything from people who most likely have never really studied it.

And there are some theoretical ways to crack and defend quantum cryptography, but quantum cryptography is still theory.

Banned
0 0

**maug wrote:**And there are some theoretical ways to crack and defend quantum cryptography, but quantum cryptography is still theory.

ONLY IN THE PAST.

0 0

Risen wrote: i heard that soon files will be able to be encrypted into sound waves or light rays?:o no idea how it will be Decrypted though :right:

I suppose that sound waves would be able to be picked up by a microphone-like-tool which then would be able to encrypt it. I think the main thing here is to remember that everyhting that can be encrypted can be decrypted and has to be for the other part to understand it.

0 0

Heres your problem

p-1(key): (2^43112609)-1 q-1[Mod] (key?2): 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17… (2^42643801)-1… etc

p-1(key): {(SOMERANDOMLARGEASSNUMBER)}*{(2^43112609)-1}

r-RESULT: SOMEFUKTONLARGENUMBER*ƒ(mod=q-1[Mod]) =… Letter 1=C <– encrypted…

Shuffle Variable based on timestamp…

p-1(key): (2^756839)-1… etc

The problem with this "Timestamp" is that is deals with all matter in all known dimensions, in all unknown universes. Good luck XD - Because the fabric of spacetime could favor you…

Cyphering this would be shear luck… or if you have a nifty quantum computer, you could bruteforce the universe… maybe

Admin from hell
0 0

Little late on the post, buddy. The thread is a year old.