Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

n00b rainbow tables question.

0 0

Total n00b question, don't beat me up.

So I would like to decrypt an sha1 password(yeah I know I need a supercomputer and many years)…anyway that aside, I know the salt to the hash I am trying to break and I was wondering if there was a way to build a rainbow table with the salt built in. Also if there is some other way to decrypt SHA1 that I am missing? All the forum posts I read pretty much had people just saying it wasn't possible. On wikipedia it mentions a birthday attack algorithm that may work. Anybody know anything?

0 0

yes man..i've heard of that kind of decryption. I myself have assembled a little program you could try.

Here's my demo. If you want the whole version..let me know.

MessageDigest oMessageDigest = MessageDigest.getInstance("SHA-1"); oMessageDigest.reset(); byte[] bPasswordInBytes = sPassword.getBytes(); oMessageDigest.update(bPasswordInBytes); byte[] bPasswordOutBytes = oMessageDigest.digest(); // encrpyted string

The only problem with the demo is decrypting it back. I could maybe give it a shot myself decrypting it too. PM me…

0 0

Your inbox is full.

0 0

cain and abel is a good tool to use!

0 0

Don't know how but I'll give you and tip.

Don't try to get 100% tables.. (if you don't have a supercomputer) The lower your chainlength is the faster you can crack. But you got worse %. You have to balance that.

For example.

Properties:

Hash: Sha1 Min length: 1 Max length: 5 Index: 0 Chain length: 100 Chain count: 2000000 Number of tables: 1 Charset: Loweralpha-numeric

Table properties:

Keyspace: 62193780 Disk space: 30.51 MB (You can offer so much.. you can high the chain count to get the % better.) Success probability: 0.852212 (85,22%)

Benchmark (got a slow computer at moment):

Hash speed: 1065189 hash/sec Step speed: 945537 step/sec Table precomputation time: 3.52533 minutes Total percomputation time: 3.52533 minutes Max cryptoanalysis time: 0.005288 seconds (fast, faster, fastest, rt)

That's a example of the settings.

Hope this helped you and have a nice day!