Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

earliest code

0 0

what was the earliest known code?

0 0

You mean like programming code or what? :whoa:

...Legend?
0 0

redtohacker, right its good to ask question's but you are asking many at the moment and people will be willing to help, but maybe use google and try to explain in more detail what you are trying to find out.

Then ypu will get alot better replies and learn alot more.

The Localhost Hacker
20 0

dex_poet wrote:

and the first programmable computer was called a bombe. It was used to brute force the Enigma machine just after WW1. Given from the polish to French and English 2 weeks before Germany invaded Poland.

Actually the first programmable computer was the difference engine invented by Charles Babbage but anyway if your asking about modern computer languages i would say Short Code or FORTRAN i saw a show on UKTV History the other day about the first computers and it was quite interesting :happy:

0 0

jaggedlancer wrote: [quote]dex_poet wrote:

and the first programmable computer was called a bombe. It was used to brute force the Enigma machine just after WW1. Given from the polish to French and English 2 weeks before Germany invaded Poland.

Actually the first programmable computer was the difference engine invented by Charles Babbage but anyway if your asking about modern computer languages i would say Short Code or FORTRAN i saw a show on UKTV History the other day about the first computers and it was quite interesting :happy:[/quote]

Aye he's right, or atleast that's the earliest i've ever heard of. Pity he was thrown in jail for homosexuality.

Apologies if i'm thinking of something else.

0 0

jaggedlancer wrote: [quote]dex_poet wrote:

Actually the first programmable computer was the difference engine invented by Charles Babbage but anyway if your asking about modern computer languages i would say Short Code or FORTRAN i saw a show on UKTV History the other day about the first computers and it was quite interesting :happy:[/quote]

Aye he's right, or atleast that's the earliest i've ever heard of. Pity he was thrown in jail for homosexuality.

0 0

sorry ,i mean cipher.

0 0

dex_poet wrote: I guess it was. I thought Babbage gave up on NO. 1 and lost funding on NO. 2, but it's online.

The bombes were also interesting though. Like you could have a bunch of them wired together so that when the key to the encryption is found, a circuit is completed and a light turns on. They also did not have pre-computed values.

Number one failed i believe because the valves used kept over-heating there was hundreds upon hundreds of them in it. Again vague memories but if people want to know it's only a small google away.

0 0

JamesBlack wrote: Aye he's right, or atleast that's the earliest i've ever heard of. Pity he was thrown in jail for homosexuality.

wasn't that Alan Turing? Alan Turing was murdered (imho) by anti-gay activists….such a shame, he was one of the most intelligent mathematicians ever.

Anyway, the early computer languages (like,50s - 70s) that resembled the english language (i.e. had english language keywords) were mostly all invented by women…which i guess is because women are better at linguistics than men (usually).

0 0

It wont be the first, I'm sure, but the earliest one I can think of is the Caesar Cipher, I'm not going to say who or when, figure it out haha ;)

I think it's the kinda thing that's going to have gone back so far it's just simply not recorded.

Banned
0 0

x_5631 wrote: It wont be the first, I'm sure, but the earliest one I can think of is the Caesar Cipher, I'm not going to say who or when, figure it out haha ;)

I think it's the kinda thing that's going to have gone back so far it's just simply not recorded.

That's a way of encoding/stegano'ing, not a code/language.

0 0

spyware wrote: That's a way of encoding/stegano'ing, not a code/language.

redhothacker wrote: sorry ,i mean cipher.

Banned
0 0

Oh, right. Cipher. Sorry!

0 0

in the ancient caves of somalia they discovered, along with a couple of drawings of elephants and other animals the following code:

public void class CookFood (int intensity, int time ) { Fire.Start(intensity) while (t=0, t<=time, t++) SitAndWatch } return; }

this shows the primitivity of the early homo sapiens since the code is not properly indented. it is assumed that 50% of the early humans died during the indentation wars.

0 0

along with the hunt for a compiler…

0 0

Actually the first programmable computer was the difference engine invented by Charles Babbage

Actually Babbage's "Analytical Engine" never actually worked. It was a great idea though, even though it lookes like it must have weiged tons lol.

0 0

Uh, I was recently poking around 30 year old C code which still compiled and worked with little to no changes :)

0 0

lemmingmolester wrote: Uh, I was recently poking around 30 year old C code which still compiled and worked with little to no changes :)

Cool :D

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

jaggedlancer wrote: Actually the first programmable computer was the difference engine invented by Charles Babbage but anyway if your asking about modern computer languages i would say Short Code or FORTRAN i saw a show on UKTV History the other day about the first computers and it was quite interesting :happy:

if i remember right, babbage never actually built his machine because the technology of that time wasnt good enough to make the gears to precision he needed. his schematics were right though. later on someone built his machine and it works. actually it's on display like a mile from where i am right now.

From the Babbage Institute's Website: In 1985, the Science Museum in London began construction of the Difference Engine No. 2 using Babbage's original designs. The calculating device was completed and working by 1991, just in time for the bicentennial of Babbage's birth. The device consists of 4000 parts and weighs over three metric tons