Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Mandriva ProblemQ?

0 0

I recently installed Linux Mandriva on my laptop (Dual Boot) and it all seemed to be going fine untill i opend FireFox……….. Does anybody have any reasons why, or if i have done something wrong please say. Thanks in advance. FireSaleHaxor,

Pic below is what opend.

0 0

a bit more info.. yeah, FF is messed up…

is it just FF or does everything die after that?

0 0

Sorry about lack of info….

Quite a few things do, such as add and remove software. Its hard to describe becase some only do it when they are maximised and some do it when they are mid-size and some do both.

If you need any more info Please ontact me as i have no idea how to fix this problem.

And it doesnt freeze, i can free the program OR i can click at the top, (Just as you would if you could see it) to File, Edit. Ect.

So i dont think the program is messed up, just the graphics.

Thanks FireSaleHaxor

Banned
0 0

As much as i can see,it says Mandriva Linux - Starting…. its starting firefox,configure your hardware,so it will do it at normal speed.

0 0

Sorry i am a Linux n00b. How do i do that please?

Banned
0 0

Hmm im not rly in to Mandriva,but u can google for your graphics card driver for Mandriva. Probably its not recognized.

0 0

I have been playing around with it now and realised it ONLY blacks out whne i have the windows open 'Large'

If i smallen the size of the windows the graphics come back into view.

Any help to anybody?

i am still stuck.

Thanks

0 0

I'd try using a different Window Manager (KDE, Gnome, etc.) or a lower resolution… if it shows up correctly via either method, then it's either a partially installed / misconfigured Window Manager or you need the correct graphics driver, respectively.

Post back with the results on both of those, and we can probably help you more.

0 0

I recently tried the Mandriva install again and for some reason when i was on VM it crashed and blacked out, when i acually installed it it was working again. I ahve had it now for 3 days and havent had a single crash.!

Thanks all who suggested answers.