Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Lunux V Windows,

0 0

To start with if ther are any articles or forum topics about this please dont flame, just point in the right direction, Thanks.

My main question is, I have heard lots of better and more skilled hackers talking about Linux bieng the more prefered hacking OS. I was wondering if there is any particular reason why?

I was wondering if anybody can reccomend a Linux hacking system that i can download or if anybody have a pre-configured hacking Linux distro i wpould be much apprichiative.

Thanks all

FireSaleHaxor.

Banned
0 0

Get two boxes, one uses windows XP, fully modded & tweaked, the other runs your fav linux distro.

That's the best solution.

0 0

okay….

i run 4 boxes: xp, mandriva, backtrack, and debian

i prefer linux for most things because its more modable… if you are just learning linux i would recommand mandriva (or ubuntu if you must… but i hate ubuntu) because they are well setup and can be worked with easily…

linux as the advantage of being more customizable and from a hacker's perspective more usable than windows… however, a lot of apps are windows only (cain and able for example [and yes… wine works, this is for a linux n00b] ) also, knowing linux is critical for hacking since MOST servers run some flavor of it and know it helps. also, MOST work envirnomnets want you know some linux/unix type systems…

0 0

I have just downloaded backtrack on the recomendation of my friend, With only_samurai mentioning mandriva i was wonderin wich one am i best to start withQ

Thanks All

FireSaleHaxor

Banned
0 0

Backtrack is more for hit 'n run purposes IMO.

0 0

Last question, I am going to install a Linux distro on my laptop………. All i need know is to know wich distro to get, Any aoart from Ubuntu!!

Thanks.

Python Ninja
0 0

Well like samurai i run shitloads of boxen…..

Desky triple booting XP (modded), Vista (Uber modded), and Mandriva which i use 99% of the time.

Laptop running Debian etch (soon to be sid i think)

server running FreeBSD 6.1, so yeha unix-like-OS's are your friend, get to know as many as you can! I'm thinking about installing cent on my new lappy, or i might chicken out and Deb another system…. idon't know yet… get lots experience… and then more.

Get practice on high and low end linux systems (Ubuntu to slackware), BSD, Solaris, Unix, Minix if you can. (i'm setting up my 286 soon :D)

Later!

0 0

if you wanna get hardcore use backtrack because its REALLY hard to setup…. i spent HOURS getting mine to work with all my other shit… but i've got pretty good knowledge of it now….

if you REALLY wanna get hardcore… slax….

but i would say mandriva…

0 0

Thanks for all the help everyone.

I think i will go with XP tweaked on my PC, Mandriva and BackTrack 2 on my laptop.

Any majour Problems ect please say.

FireSaleHaxor