Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Mac or Windows

0 0

So which do you prefer?

For me its mac hands down.

0 0

OMFG WINDOWS i dont like windows but MAC now they suck infinte ballz have you seen thoose apple mac videos lol i actually walked into a shop (Pc world in the uk) and on one of the Mac screens there was a Folder that said do not buy a mac there sh*t and in it was 10 STRONG reasons not to buy a mac, this would of have to been made by the staff beacuse it wasn't possible to make a new folder or file

heres one: http://viral.lycos.co.uk/attachments/1986/mac2.wmv

0 0

Ok… do not think I am biased towards macs, as I am not. I was using a PC way before I started using a mac, and I can honesly say that video is a whole bunch of crap.

I have both a PC running Windows and a Mac, and believe me, those problems occur more often on my PC than on my mac, despite the fact that I use my mac about five times as much. I have never, EVER, had problems shutting down my mac. As for the mac fooling you in to thinking you have control over the system, could you please tell me what that is actually supposed to mean? The best example of a computer doing that that I can think of is Windows trying to fool you that DOS isn't there. You have more real power over a mac. PCs hang so much more often that it is actually ridiculous.

Oh, and before anyone says, yes, there are a greater number of programs out for PCs, but I have never had trouble finndind exactly what I want for my mac.

I can't understand how anyone could honestly say that PCs are more reliable, because they are not.

Anyway, please feel free to argue.

0 0

I cant get into them i just think there clunky but slick if that makes sense (probably not) and theres only like what 6 games out for the mac 0_0 wich sucks ass to i suppose there Ok but hell if ill ever buy one

0 0

Well, I said that I wasn't interested in the software argument, but there are many games out for the mac, in fact most of them now come out for mac about six months after they come out for PC. You just have to order tham online.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Windows all the way, no offence to mac users but i hate macs they really piss me off.

0 0

imo, Mac OSX is way better than Windows.

After all, Mac OSX is based of *BSD ;)

0 0

So just out of interest system_meltdown, what is it about macs that really piss you off?

And by the way, what do you mean 'offend'. IMO, you'd have to be one sad twat to get offended about a technology related subject. Unless it was something to do with Steven Hawking. He has every right to be offended about technology.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Everything, the layout and stuff quite a few things.

0 0

Windows is 100% evil. I cannot do anything without my pc freezing up and crashing… plus half the time windows programs are down…

Agreed windows has more programs, yet qualitywise, mac all the way. All professional graphics, audio, video, and whatever else programs are only or originally for macs…

Only thing I really like about pcs is that you can customize the hardware anyway you like :)

0 0

MD wrote: on one of the Mac screens there was a Folder that said do not buy a mac there sh*t and in it was 10 STRONG reasons not to buy a mac, this would of have to been made by the staff beacuse it wasn't possible to make a new folder or file

Two things:

1. No, Mac does not "suck infinte ballz" as you so elegantly put it
  2. The folder didn't have to have been made by the staff:

*hold apple-s at startup, this is effectively the same as doing "sudo -su" only you don't need a password to do it in the first place so you now have root.

*follow the on screen instructions to modify files

*now type "mkdir macr0x0rs" and a new folder is made in Mac HD called "macr0x0rs" which you would need root accessto delete.

to make this folder appear at the desktop,type this instead, "mkdir /desktop/macr0x0rs

Sorry if my post seems a little pointless, but I hate to hear people slagging off macs who blatently haven't used one long enough to explore it.

0 0

Mac == nice machine shitty OS and thats just BSD turned in to a babys chew toy

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

I've changed my mind about macs, mac os x is alright, I've got used to it as my mates got one. I still prefer windows, and no windows isn't "evil" my comp hardly ever freezes.

The Manager
0 0

I would have to say….Linux…I Know it is not an option but Hey I do not really like rules.

If I had to choose between Windows and Mac I would have to ask what it is being used for.

Macs are godly for Media use but Windows is a better all round OS.

If you like Video and such use a Mac. Otherwise use Windows…but in all honesty…USE LINUX!

I use Windows to play games. Linux for standard day to day and such.

0 0

You can do the same stuff in all M$,Mac,*nix based systems just depends how well you know the system. Windows is most people's choice becase its a no brainer, any blind, deaf, mute can use it. Apart from running the odd game, or that fancy new usb handheld, witch out of the box only support windows.

Personally, I'm abit of an asshole when it comes to systems and i like to think of myself as a text pistol, its just that GUI's get on my tits. low fat desktops and text based, is were i like it, so unix(fBSD) is my choice you can tailer the system from the ground up, I hate the man upstairs locking me in.

Banned
0 0

Unfortunatly, i have windows.:( anyway, my idea of a good OS is:

Linux/windows dual boot I would use linux for main, but use windows for all my gaming (most of my games arent made for linux)

Thats my idea

0 0

Freakin macman…. there is no reason that anyone that doesnt have a mac should EVER say they suck

think about it…you say hackers are misunderstood because ppl dont know the truth about what we do … then you judge macs in the same way…somithing sad about that….i think each machine has its use and thats mho.