Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Should I install ubuntu permanently on my computer?

0 0

I really like ubuntu but I don't know if I m ready to make the change.:|

0 0

That is your own preference. You should use whatever you are most comfortable with.

0 0

This May be Useful.

0 0

I've found I can do everything in ubuntu that I could do in windows except certain games. if you want games there's a few good fps's for linux or you could always dual boot. so I'd recommend it installing ubuntu especially if it's your first linux distro.

Python Ninja
0 0

ok, if you want to play games, hit me up about cedega, i'll point you in the right direction.

ALSO, ubuntu sucks. get a real distro.

0 0

You can try dualboot with both Windows and Linux installed on one computer. Instead of Ubuntu I would try Debian. There will be a new Ubuntu in Oct.

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

I agree, if you've gotten used to the way Ubuntu acts, grab up the latest version of debian and install it. They have a Debian-Net install is really easy to use that you can grab up and stick on there.

I'd also recommend selecting all the possible window managers to test out on top of your debian system. I used to use Gnome, but once I started playing with Fluxbox…fun times :)

0 0

regret wrote: I used to use Gnome, but once I started playing with Fluxbox…fun times :)

Fluxbox is cool… I'm an XFCE person. ;)

Oh, and back on subject… I agree with choosing Debian over Ubuntu. Ubuntu is designed after Debian, but is not as solid as Debian. They change too much in Ubuntu… I won't even work with any Ubuntu over version 6.06.

0 0

Alright thanks. I dont know about Debian over ubuntu tho, there are many studies that show that Ubuntu is much more reliable

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

Fedora is pretty reliable

0 0

Yes, fedora 8 just made its debut.

0 0

If I was you.. I would get a copy of VMWare or something like at and try out a bunch of different virtual machines to test different os's on. That way you can decide for yourself which one you are most comfortable with. If you need help on getting a copy.. dont hesitate to hit me up on messenger. I can lead you in the right direction.