Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Backtrack 2 Bootsplash.

0 0

Anyone know how to change it? i've edited the bootsplash.conf file…. but no change

0 0
  1. Go to: http://www.kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=61

2. Download any .tar.gz format "bootsplash" you want (to a folder you'll remember).

3. Go to your desktop manager theme installer, for most popular distros, it's under: START –> Control Panel –> System Administration –> KDM Theme Manager. But, I believe for BackTrack 2 it's located under: Using Settings –> Appearance and Themes –> Theme Manager. This'll bring you to the KDE Control Module. If possible switch to "Administrator Mode" and type in your ROOT password, otherwise:

4. Click on "Install New Theme" and locate your downloaded theme.

5. SELECT it, and hit APPLY. Log-Out, and voila!

But, why are you trying to change the bootsplash for BackTrack2, it's more of a LiveCD than a practical desktop distro…? So, changing it for a LiveCD is senseless, since all is loaded on RAM.

0 0

we'll ive got it running native. also, im not looking to change KDE's splash, i wanna change the MAIN Splash…. the one that loads wheni turn the box on

Python Ninja
0 0

He means his bootsplash.. and also, KDE-look owns.

0 0

yes