Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Ok Dual Booted with xp and ubuntu linux and on linux i have a hdd...

0 0

Ok Dual Booted with xp and ubuntu linux and on linux i have a hdd…named file system which is equivalent to / i cant rename it and i cant write files to it i don't have permission apprently and its file system is ext3 so any ideas? :angry:

says im not owner and permissions are root my username for linux is hackerjames and im guessing i have to change the permissions of the drive filesystem from terminal somthign like

sudo chmod filesystem

idk somthign like that im new to linux help please

0 0

welcome to Ubuntu, the OS that thinks that is smarter than you (and it's usually right unless you're a genius) you can't rename file system because thats not a name but rather what it is. it IS a file system. your file system at that. now, the reason you cant modify things in / is because Ubuntu only allows you to do that through the terminal window using the sudo command and putting your password every 15 minutes.

0 0

You mean you don't have root permissions on your linux system correct? You may have to change the root password or set one up, I believe the command is "sudo passwd root" without the quotes of course…then just set whatever password you want. Also if you want write access on your windows drive and it's not permitted, you can get a program called ntfs-3g and it will enable you to have write access.

Banned
0 0

Set the root passwd,and type "sudo nautilus".