Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Securing XP from school

0 0

OK well School has recently brought in laptop's. Yay fun fun. So i was running SUSe on mine for 6 months but now i like dows better so i can brush up on my gaming skills in class. But they have a no games policy. Well im running XP i ahve a BIOS pw, An acount password. Anything else i should be worried about securing or anyways i can hide my game effectively?? Any sugestions would be appreciated.

0 0

get one of those sticker things that you put on the screen so you can only see it by looking strait in front, that way any teachers who happen to glance over will just see a black screen. their pretty cool, saw them at bestbuy for like 2 dollars.

0 0

Most teachers r idiots computer-wise. Just hide all your games, and if you feel they want to take a look at ur comp just turn off "view hidden folders" in tools-folder options. You might could make a hotkey for that lol. Hotkeys are fun and useful, set you up a paranoia-key lol.

Unless you have a teacher who knows anything about comps… Oh and type random stuff sometimes so it looks like ur taking notes, and always have a "notes.txt" or something open so you can bring it up fast just in case. Have one for each class lol just copy/past from wikipedia or something.

GL with the gamin, but u better dual-boot. No point running windows by itself… gah!

Personally, I am linux only, until I can get a hard drive bigger than 6gb :p on my own comp (which I built from 10-year-old computer scraps. The one i'm on right now is winxp MCE, which rocks (for windows)

I'm building one soon tho, and it's gonna pwn. Ubuntu, XP, Debian, mebbe DSL just for laughs…

Anyway, gl with the gaming, and yeah, the screen protectors rock!

0 0

edit: sorry for double post :p