Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

problems with ubuntu

0 0

i downloaded the ubuntu iso, and i burned it to a disk, booted it up but when i run the start or install ubuntu option itll start but it locks up towards the end of the loading

can anybody help me with this?

0 0

did you check the disk for errors? if u have a crappy comp ubuntu might take a while to load and it does just sit on a black screen for like 2 mins cus it has to unpack everything from the cd.

0 0

try reburning it at a slower speed that should make it soo theres less to no flaws with the disc and it should install good

0 0

there should be an option before you boot ubuntu to have it verify the integrity of the cd…I'd do that. maybe the cd is messed up. did you md5 the iso after you downloaded it?

0 0

i tried doing the md5 thing but whenever i tried to put in the winmd5sum program it would freeze

0 0

the md5 sum checks out

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

Are you sure you have the right architecture….say trying to install a 686 arch on a 386/486 system?

0 0

regret can u explain those numbers? im pretty new to linux but i just installed a second HD and with it ubuntu. I used the i386 iso or something but i have no idea why that one.

0 0

Try burning another copy at a slower speed (I usually burn mine at *4)

0 0

the architecture (ie., 386) refers to the kind of processor and how it interfaces or something like that. If I'm correct, most (if not all) Intel's are 386. someone correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.