Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

I now have PClinuxOS

0 0

I have recently managed to install PClinuxOS on my dodgy laptop (A hard feet considering the age of the machine and its Power) but now i have it i would like to know what are the best hacking tools on linux and dont give me the basics like firefox and stuff i want tools that will assist me with wireless network hacking and rooting. Any suggggestions would be of much help. P.S. You ahve to try this new distro its great its based around mandriva but a bit more light on resources.

0 0

nmap,putty,metasploit framework:P,

0 0

ive got the first two but im having problems figureing out how to use metasploit. But google is my friend :D

0 0

netcat (built in), Nessus vuln scanner

0 0

I've only been able to find a Live CD of PCLinuxOS!

<– Drools in jelousy of installation!

Got a linkage for meh? :happy:

0 0

SANTA wrote: I have recently managed to install PClinuxOS on my dodgy laptop (A hard feet considering the age of the machine and its Power) but now i have it i would like to know what are the best hacking tools on linux and dont give me the basics like firefox and stuff i want tools that will assist me with wireless network hacking and rooting. Any suggggestions would be of much help. P.S. You ahve to try this new distro its great its based around mandriva but a bit more light on resources.

i got it too! I am really enjoying it… (ps, what version are you using? (you can find this out by going to configuration > KDE control center - it will say the release version there)) anyway in synaptic i downloaded wireshark (which you find in applications > montioring) which is a tool used fo monitoring wireless networks in prep for when my parents buy a wireless router for their new computer (a pimped-out beast of a machine for only 550 squid - im jealous - so im gonna tell them vista sucks in a very big way…) so i can try out some new things :)

0 0

how is pclinuxos in terms or ease of use? i am looking for something easy, i have ubuntu but i have a crap load of problems with it. would you reccommend it to a complete linux beginner?

0 0

how is pclinuxos in terms or ease of use? i am looking for something easy, i have ubuntu but i have a crap load of problems with it. would you reccommend it to a complete linux beginner?

0 0

Well this distro is my favourite of the ones I have tried (Ubuntu, Slax, Knoppix)

However… PCLinuxOS 0.92 $4.99

SANTA….could you PM me with 'methods of payments' or a URL please.

Kaythnx

0 0

bigggnick wrote: how is pclinuxos in terms or ease of use? i am looking for something easy, i have ubuntu but i have a crap load of problems with it. would you reccommend it to a complete linux beginner?

pclinuxos is uber easy - i am a complete idiot and i got it running fine (allthough I have found its easier just to use an entire HD, instead of mucking about with partitions)

0 0

It is 100% free and im gunna find the link for ya flash. Ive never used linux before and i managed PClinuxOS easy. Its great for rooting and webhacking but im getting annoyed with synaptic package manager becfause i need sap R/3 to install hydra and i cant get it