Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

FC6 & Wireless

0 0

Hey all.

I've just converted to linux and have double booted FC6 with windows XP.

I apologise if this topic has been covered before but I have been asking around all sorts of forums and I can't understand any of the replies I'm getting.

My problem is that I'm trying to get a Wireless D-Link DWL-G510 working on linux but I don't have a clue how to do so. Apparently I need to install a different sort of driver but I don't know what and I don't know how to install drivers even when I do get a hold of the one that I need.

If it's not too much hassle could somebody please give me a very simple to understand step by step explanation of what needs to be done. I've tried researching it and don't understand all the linux talk I get as responses yet.

Thanks in advance.

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

Nah, it's not really a different driver…what you want to look for is a program called Ndiswrapper. What that program does is it allows you to use your windows (*.inf) driver file to run the card in linux.

0 0

Depends on your type of wireless connection… Are u using Access Point to connect to ur ISP?