Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

DOS error?

0 0

when i go to run and type cmd, a box pops that says markupC:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.com The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:014b IP:0417 OP:ff ff ff ff 13 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. then there is two choices, Close and Ignore. if i choose ignore another error comes up.

but if i go to run and type cmd.exe it works fine, and command, command.com also work fine.

any ideas?

btw, 92; is a backslash, for some reason it doesn't show up

0 1

cmd.com isnt a valid program, that im aware of.

if you want teh command box. there are 2 ways to get it:

command.com cmd.exe

0 0

oh. well i do know that on some computers i've been on, cmd actaully brought it up. but it's good to know nothings wrong.

0 0

I get the same message every time I type in 'netstat' and press 'Enter' in CMD.exe. Have you noticed that CMD.exe pauses for a short period of time before the message is displayed?

0 0

well I use to have this problem before too.. I couldn't ping or do anything.. its a cheap virus that makes blank files called: cmd.com command.com ping.com netstat.com regedit.com

and all the other important ones, seeing how .com opens up before .exe it will open .com instead of .exe

Solution: Virus scan your computer to get rid of the virus from creating the files again and again, then just delete all the extra .com files that are nothing. test them before deleting them or u cud fuck up ur PC.

0 0

WOOOHOOOO great save!