Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Ophcrack live-cd

0 0

I downloaded Ophcrack's live-cd yesterday just to see if I could crack my SAM file, I managed to boot with the cd but I couldn't make it crack the file. Is there anyone who is a little bit familiar with this distro who could help me?

Oh and one more thing, is it possible to enable, or remove the password, BIOS from the registry if you have system rights.

0 0

IceCube wrote: I downloaded Ophcrack's live-cd yesterday just to see if I could crack my SAM file, I managed to boot with the cd but I couldn't make it crack the file. Is there anyone who is a little bit familiar with this distro who could help me?

Oh and one more thing, is it possible to enable, or remove the password, BIOS from the registry if you have system rights.

Whenever I use Ophcrack, I just drop the CD in the system and, if Windows is on the first HDD, Ophcrack automatically finds it and starts cracking the SAM.

You… want to… change the BIOS password…… from the registry. My answer would be "no", but that's just because I'd think changing the BIOS password from the registry is pretty pointless. I also wouldn't want anyone to brick my board by screwing with the BIOS.

0 0

Blah.

0 0

Actually, I want to be able to remove a BIOS password, it doesn't matter how I just want to be able to do it if I need to.

And ophcrack doesn't work for me, I downloaded from their website so I have no idea why it doesn't work, it sais something about a missing ico file and something else who's missig. Is there anyone who have a link to a download that works?

0 0

Isn't there anyone who can help me here?

0 0

If you need to remove a BIOS password, pop your CMOS battery.

As for Ophcrack, make sure you're downloading it from Sourceforge. Then, if it still doesn't work, poke around in the / of the LiveCD environment. Usually, the security-based LiveCDs have their tools here. If you still can't figure it out, then just download Backtrack, get the SAM file yourself from within Backtrack, and crack it with JTR.