Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Microsoft Windows Vista "the NEw LIES"

0 0

Microsoft Windows Vista arriving 2006 formerly Windows code name "Longhorn"

Bringing clarity to your world Windows Vistaâ„¢ (formerly code named Longhorn) Beta 1 for developers and IT professionals has begun.

0 0

Windows Vista: A clear breakthrough

Windows Vista is a huge leap forward in personal computing. Advances in reliability, security, ease of deployment, performance, and manageability make it easy to:

•

Confidently do what you want, when you want, and where you want •

Clearly organize your work and play in powerful new ways •

Connect seamlessly with other people, devices, and computers

Windows Vista has something for everyone. Users will love the fast startup time and even faster return from sleep state. IT departments face fewer user problems and enjoy more automated repair and easier administration. Organizations and enterprises benefit from less downtime, fewer IT hassles, and greater productivity.

0 0

Windows Vista: End-to-end experiences

Windows Vista brings clarity to your world by seamlessly connecting you to people and devices, enabling a new level of confidence in your PC, and introducing clear ways to easily organize and use your information so you can focus on what matters to you.

Explore the Windows Vista features that give you clarity and confidence in four key experiences:

0 0

Windows Vista: Next-generation platform

Windows Vista is fundamentally different from earlier versions of Windows, and this difference is already sparking innovation across the computer industry.

Windows Vista introduces development innovations that help developers create next-generation applications that take full advantage of Windows Vista, including:

•

WinFX, a managed-code programming model •

Windows Presentation Foundation (formerly Avalon), Microsoft’s unified presentation subsystem for Windows •

Windows Communication Foundation (formerly Indigo), Microsoft’s next-generation Web services technology •

Aero, the new Windows Vista design philosophy

0 0

all this found on Microsoft's web site

What does this all mean in 2006 is a big lie just like windows xp was when it came out so at the end MICROSOFT'S gift to us is a big fat lie that cost $200 when people could just get linux

0 0

there is no beta 1 yet on windows so dont get your hopes up

0 0

Vision and principles Published: July 27, 2005 Bringing clarity to your world.

Today we live in a world of more information, more ways to communicate, more things to do. There is more you can do and even more you can discover.

Every day, millions of people around the globe rely on their Windows PCs to manage their increasingly digital lives. While familiar tools for managing digital information are powerful, today's world requires more.

In today's digital world, you want the PC to adapt to you, so you can cut through the clutter and focus on what's important to you. Top of pageTop of page Introducing Windows Vista

It enables a new level of confidence in your PC and in your ability to get the most out of it. It introduces clear ways to organize and use information the way you want to use it. It seamlessly connects you to information, people, and devices that help you get the most out of life.

0 0

Group tries to Block Windows Vista According to BetaNews, a group namned "The Comittee to Fight Microsoft" led a public interest lawyer is fighting to block Microsoft from shipping Windows Vista, calling the Windows code "bad code".

I think this is one of the most whacked out things I've heard in many months. The group demands Microsoft ship the next Windows version under a warranty that will ensure there will not be any bugs or security issues.

Apparently these people don't use any software other than Windows.

If they used Macs, they would get security updates for the Mac OS. If they used Firefox ON the Windows OS, they'd need security updates to fix bugs and security issues. Almost every piece of software goes through the same process of fixing bugs and security issues.

These people seem to lack total understanding of the software environment. They don't seem to understand other people's software has to go through the same process Microsoft does with theirs. They seem under the pretense Microsoft is the only software company out there.

Yes, Microsoft should ship more secure products. But no matter what they do or anyone else, there will always be security problems. No matter what browser they use.

The group shouldn't be making these demands. On top of that, they go off on how they claim Microsoft has misled its parntners by saying they can load Windows XP on a machine with 128MB of RAM. I wonder if this group has tried doing it themselves. I have and I have gotten XP to run nicely at 500Mhz with 128MB of RAM - which is what I believe the minimum requirements are!

Give me a break.

I applaud all software companies whom dedicate effort into getting their customers patches and security updates. Microsoft does it. Mozilla does it. Opera does it. Apple does it. All these companies and thousands of others work to immediately patch any security issue that may come up with any of their software products.

Ok, time for a breather.

0 0

Two Boot Managers when Dual-Booting Windows Vista and Windows XP

One of my biggest pet peeves about dual-booting with Windows Vista Beta 1 is the fact that I always get two boot managers if I want to boot to Windows XP. Apparently I'm not the only one, because it has been validated 50 times by other beta testers in the Connect program. One beta tester by the name of Waresoft came up with this solution:

This assumes you have two or more partitions set up. Windows XP is on partition 1, which is mapped to Drive C, and Windows Vista Beta 1 is set up on Partition 2, which is mapped to whatever drive you want.

1. Copy x:\Windows\System32\winload.exe to c:\Windows\System32\, where x is the drive Windows Vista Beta 1 is installed.
  2. Open c:\boot.ini, and add the "/USENEWLOADER" switch to the Windows XP (multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS) entry under "[operating systems]"

When you reboot, you should only get one boot manager.

0 0

First Virus for Windows Vista? According to this InfoWorld article, a hacker has created a virus that takes advantage of Microsoft's new command line software Microsoft Shell code-named Monad - which this article says is built into Windows Vista.

Now if I'm not mistaken, and I have to double check this, Monad isn't including in Vista. If I remember correctly, Microsoft says Monad will be an add-on later on and was one of the features taken out of Longhorn a few months ago. I do faintly remember reading an article somewhere saying Monad might be including in Exchange Server 12…but I can't pinpoint the exact article just yet.

For those of you who don't even know what this Monad is, its called Microsoft Shell or MSH and its similar to the Linux BASH command line. Its designed to enable developers write powerful scripts.

Now, I wonder if having viruses written for Vista so early on isn't a advantage. Microsoft can see what areas Hackers are exploiting in the operating system and during the development process they can fix them before the system even hits the market for everyday consumers. I guess we'll see.

0 0

Clearly organize your work and play in powerful new ways

I already sort my pron by alphabetical order:)

0 1

nice way to boast your post count Velocity..

Longhorn shoudl be very intersting, once i get my hands on it. Finally microsoft has thought about what users want, and tried to incorporate it.

The gaming side to longhorn should be great too. Also, i didnt read all of the above, but i heard of talk about a 3D desktop and GUI. not 3D as in what we have now… 3D as in distance and dimensions.

SHould be very intersting and a great improvement. I know many people are all anti microsoft, just to fit in withthe crowd. But they are niaeve. Longhorn is clearly a big step forward for microsofdt and the windows OS

0 0

yeah but you know microsoft they lie to make it sound better then it is just look at XP and what they said about it before they sent it out

0 0

I think XPs just fine.

0 0

its is just when microsoft was talking about it before it was going to come out they said it would do more and then said that they could keep what they said so im just saying MICROSOFT LIES ABOUT ALMOST EVERY THING THEY ARE GOING TO PUT OUT IN THE FUTURE

0 0

Jesus fucking christ, I'm really tired of hearing these people bitch about windows when HALF OF THEM USE IT! Honestly, Windows is a good Operating System, so is Linux. There's really no need to constantly bash windows.

0 1

Psycha wrote: Jesus fucking christ, I'm really tired of hearing these people bitch about windows when HALF OF THEM USE IT! Honestly, Windows is a good Operating System, so is Linux. There's really no need to constantly bash windows.

Completly agree. The main reason everyone bitches about windows, is because everyone else does. Windows is a great OS for what the majority use it for. Everyone also, goes on about Bill Gates and his greed for money. However only the ignorant do that, beacuse if people looked further into it, they'd find out how much he gives to charity. He gives BILLIONS each year, and also is putting more money to help africa, than the US Gouvernment.

Conclusion: o windows is great for 99% of the population o linux is great for the very skilled 1% of the populatoin, who require some features that windows doesnt offer

0 0

According to sources, he put billions of dollars in every year, yet poverty still exists in today's world. Is this just another Micheal Jackson 'Saving Africa by spending millions on a song about Africa when he could of used that money to actually save those poor souls' story?

0 0

Earlier in this tread I believe it was claimed that Microsoft lied about Windows Vista because they claimed it would have features it now won't. I think this needs a bit of clarification so here it comes.

The key two missing features that were promised are "Monad" or Microsoft Shell a new unix like, .net based command prompt and WinFS a sql based layer that sits ontop of the ntfs filesystem which makes search and other such operations much quicker.

Microsoft dropped these features as development for them fell behind the main Vista development and external companies with upgrade contracts with Microsoft were pushing for Vista to be completed ontime (its already VERY late) however both WinFS and Microsoft shell are going to be released as free updates very soon after the release of Vista (they are both in Beta 1 like Vista at the moment)

I fail to see a problem here guys.

0 0

"I would like to try Linux, but some programs like "Steam"[game] "Photoshop", and some other handy software were made for Windows and they didnt even think about Linux. If I would be able to run Win proggies in Linux I will switch with no doubt.

If this can be done, has anyone tryed it?"

There is a piece of software called Wine http://www.winehq.org/ that aims to allow Windows programs to run under Linux. Its in constant development and is improving almost dailey. It works by translating Windows API calls into Linux API calls. I have used it and it can be used to run Photoshop. I don't know about steam. Wine is free but there is a version that is optimised for games produced by a company called transgaming http://www.transgaming.com/products_linux.php available at a fee/by subscription.