Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Ubuntop Help (Anjuta problem)

0 0

Hi, merry xmas to all.

I have recently installed ubunto 6.06, and then installed Anjuta c++ IDE, it looks great and everything, but I can't compile my code, whenever I do it says:

Compiling file Test.cc ...
sh: g++: command not found
completed: unsuccessful...

ould anyone know how to fix this? I installed anjuta before, and it compiled the code forst time, no problems….:(

0 0

Ubuntu 6.06 for some reason doesn't come with g++ installed… You have to get it… i think it's in the repositories

0 0

Yeah, you were right, it wasn't installed, I just did:

sudo apt-get install build-essential

And the compiling and running worked! Thank you. But there is one more question,

if anyone can answer it. After the program is compiled & linked, the executable is created with a diamond like icon, how do I run the program without using the IDE? Whenever I click on it, nothing happens…Thanks for the help before ;)

0 0

Run it from the terminal if it's a console based program

0 0

Well, I tried that, and all I get is command 'Test' not found, how do you run a program anyways? I also tried:

Switching to the correct dir: cd /home/wraith/c++/Tests/
Test
exec Test

0 0

like so

[root@localhost]# ./yourapp

0 0

Yeah, thats the command alright, Lol. Thank you guys, most opf my problems are solved :D