Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Windows XP Hashes?

0 0

I know that hases are suppose to be stored in C:\windows\system32\config. Directory, and that only the SYSTEM account can access these while the OS is running, but I can never find the files with the hashes in them… I have logged on to the SYSTEM account and everything.. but still no luck… any suggestions on how to get the hashes?

0 0

you cant from windows, you must boot as another os and get into the folder that way.

Lover of Parkour
0 0

Yes, use a livecd like Knoppix and copy the files to the internet…email them to yourself or save them to a usb device. The system uses the files when windows is running, so the only way to get them is to copy them when windows isn't running.

http://www.knoppix.net/

0 0

pwdump remotely will grab the hashes, Ophcrack with physical access will crack the hashes without you having to get them, or, if you're lucky, they did a system restore recently and haven't changed their passwords.

0 0

pwdump remotely will grab the hashes, Ophcrack with physical access will crack the hashes without you having to get them, or, if you're lucky, they did a system restore recently and haven't changed their passwords.

0 0

No need to have a sig that big or have double posts. :|

0 0

get cain&abel.remove abel…fire up cain,if there are passwords set in windows,cain should display the hashes automaticly. then,just try to crack them,brute force,dictionary,or,the one i advice, by rainbowtables :happy:

peace.