Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Software on linuz hlp plz

0 0

I'm not quite sure how noobish of a question this is… but im thinking about getting rid of windows, and just running off of linux. My question is does the software differ between windows and linux? For example, you cant run windows based programs on a mac, is that the same idea for linux? or is linux and windows compatible with each other?

Thank you in advance for responses!

0 0

long story short, no. You cannot run windows software on Linux.

Some programs will run if you use Wine or cedega which are both pretty much emulators. Also some games with are for window are native to Linux. For example quake 4, doom 3, unreal tournament all have Linux installers.

you should read up about Linux a LOT before thinking about installing it, as fun as it is, Linux is a lot more hands-on that windows

0 0

yea ive been told its a lot more hands on… so this means that all of the software i have, such as photoshop, macromedia flash, all that good stuff wont run on linux? hmm… ur probably right im not ready to switch completely, so maybe ill just partition 15 gigs of my harddrive for linux and mess around with it a bit… thanks for the help man, see ya!