Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Best Linux Hacking Distro

0 0

I'm planning on learning a ton about computer security and penetration testing, but I only want to do so with Linux. I'm pretty familiar with most of how everything works, and I prefer a debian based distribution, mainly because I'm hooked on APT. However, I need to select a distro that will run on PPC architecture, and will also offer me security and the ability to learn what I need to know. What distribution would you guys suggest to run on my iBook G4? I know using PPC architecture is unusual, but I want to work off my laptop first, then move to the x86 architecture. Thanks.

0 0

yo i didint even read most of your message,..

but if we are tlaking about serious hacking,. not no stupid deface a site type shit,. if you're gong to do something on a larger scale, one which will bring consequences if you get caught,.

then you should consider using a live CD,. ive been working lately with backtrack

live CD os run off the cd,. and all info on em gets erases after every time you eject the cd. read more about it.

http://remote-exploit.org

the documentation sucks balls

0 0

I use Backtrack all the time but, as far as learning about security goes, I'd have to go with Phlak. The documentation on the CD helps someone who's starting out.

I'm sure both LiveCDs mentioned have versions for PPC.