Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

remote desktop for ubuntu

0 0

well, i got ubuntu to work, and i was wondering if anybody knows of any good remote desktop clients for ubuntu and a tutorial on how to use them. i had one when i had windows, and it was fun messing with my sisters computer without her knowing. i tried google, but i want to know what you think.

0 0

I know that you can set up an VNC server for X. I use to use it for my server - not any more. But it allows you to set up an VNC server that you can connect to from another linux boxes or even windows using a client such as RealVNC. There are 2 VNC Servers I know of for linux, I have personally used VNCServer whitch I had no problems with, easy to set up and ran the way I wanted it to. And there is also X11VNC - I havnt used it before. But you should give the VNCServer a google and see what you think. I am sure the package is already avalibe to you, "apt-get install vncserver". A cool thing about the VNC servers also are that alot of schools use VNC servers on the network. I have seen a couple school that use VNC on all the computers to monitor people when they least expect it. So chances are if you go to school there will possibly be a VNC client set up already and what not. Have fun!

0 0

actually you should have gone with kubuntu which is the KDE version. I am burning the ISO as i type this. PM me and we can learn together.

0 0

VNCServer works for KDE and GNOME - I belive I first started using it when I was running KDE, I then switched over to GNOME without any problems or reconfiguring.

0 0

we both know KDE is faster! (and more sexier)

Oh, and bro- have a look at this. http://www.2x.com/

0 0

well we all know that neither KDE or GNOME is faster ;) 100% terminal baby :) Only way to go!

0 0

thanks… swift i pmed u but ur inbox is full

0 0

bigggnick wrote: well, i got ubuntu to work, and i was wondering if anybody knows of any good remote desktop clients for ubuntu and a tutorial on how to use them. i had one when i had windows, and it was fun messing with my sisters computer without her knowing. i tried google, but i want to know what you think.

Most Linux distros have the rdesktop command, which functions just like Remote Desktop in Windows, but only connects to Windows systems. If your Linux doesn't have rdesktop, you can install it however your distro allows.