Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Redhat login problem

0 0

First off, I have googled this. People seem to have had this problem and then fixed it somehow, not telling how they got it fixed…

Whenever I log in as NON-root I keep getting this message:

Your session only lasted less than 10 seconds. If you have not logged out yourself, this could mean that there is some installation problem or that you may be out of diskspace. Try logging in with one of the failsafe sessions to see if you can fix this problem.

And then I view the .xsession-errors file (in my home dir) and there's absolutely nothing in it. I'm not out of diskspace (I at least have enough to write a text file..) and I've been using redhat for a few months now. When I login from a terminal, however, it logs in fine. So I assume that means there's something wrong with the GUI? Although it works when I login as root…

I have tried changing permissions/removing the .ICEauthority and .Xauthority files but that's not doing anything.

One more thing, it stopped working after I installed Apache and PHP. I'm not saying that's what caused it but just in case it helps to diagnose it.

Thanks!

0 0

whats your partitioning like, it says something about not enough space and you said it only happens on non-root account. if you have /home in a seperate partition it may be to small and ran out of space.

0 0

Hmm….well it's on the same partition. Plus I (used to) read and write from that folder all the time, and I've deleted a bunch of stuff from it since then.