Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

SAM copied, but floppy unformatted

0 0

HI, I am trying to boot into my Linux Partition (slackware) and copy the SAM file off my Windows Partition. I open up Slackware, and do this:

cd /fat-c/WINDOWS/system32/config
mount /dev/fd0
cp SAM /dev/fd0
umount /dev/fd0

Ok, the SAM is on a floppy. The thing is, I go back into Windows, try to open it, and it says that my floppy is not formatted, and I must format it. But this deletes all the data. Am I doing something wrong? How can I get it to open in Windows?

0 0

well windows only likes certain formats, you will have to format it in windows and then copy SAM over. Also the way your mounting looks wrong:

cd /fat-c/WINDOWS/system32/config
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
cp SAM /mnt/floppy

0 0

But……does anybody know where i could find a good and FREE Sam decoder? Because i searched on google i found only shareware…… and i really need one …… plz………

thanks, xdanx

0 0

Thanks for posting this scanky. I need a Sam File recovery tool. lol.

0 0

Thanks very much………….. I have the sam copyed [i booted with damn small linux] , i copyed the password …… but i didn't have the decryptor……. thanks a lot

0 0

idontgotone is totally right, if he hadnt posted it i wud have… CAIN R0XZ3RS MY S0XZ3RS!!!!! :pB):D

0 0

l0phtcrack 5 aint too shoddy either ;)

[edit] By the way, I find easiest way to snatch SAM on any PC u have physical access to is with a DOS boot floppy w/ NTFSDOS on it ;) [/edit]