Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows 95 USB2.0 Compatible?

0 0

I have an old laptop that runs on '95. I was just wondering whether the OS is compatible with USB 2.0, and if there is some sort of patch etc. that is available. Whenever I try plugging something into the USB port it does not register…Is this just my computer or is it the OS?

0 0

It could be the OS. I dont think they are compatible together. But you never know it might just be that the USB is bad.

0 0

from all that i know usb isn't compatible with win95 but of course i can be wrong..

0 0

Microsoft Windows 95 does not have USB support. This is because it did not ship with drivers for USB Host Controllers (the chip needed to control usb ports and regulate the data passing through) The drivers for USB 1.1 were shipped with Windows 98 and later with support for USB 2.0 being added with Windows XP Service Pack 1 (also coming with Windows Server 2003 and backported to Windows 2000 Service Pack 4)

As far as I know the only way to get USB support on windows 95 (and USB 2.0 support on Windows 98, Me, NT) would be to try and find and old PCI USB addin Card that may come with the drivers. Its a real longshot however as Windows 95 uses a slightly different type of Driver to Windows 98/Me and a very different type from 2000/2003/XP.