Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

SAM File help

0 0

ok i was reading the artical about cracking the windows SAM file and tried to do what it said. I put in the version of whoppix I have and I opend a shell councle. The proceeded to use some commands. cd / to get to the base files. But when i try to go to cd c:\windows\system32\config to copy the SAM file it wont let me. For some reason I cant get into windows directories. All i can access is stuff from the cd.

0 0

Okay you have a simple problem, In linux it's not c drive, so C:/… doesn't exist.The easiest way to go about this to Conquerer rather than konsol. It should be one of the icons along the base line. Then navagate through HDA1// I believe it's called. Here read article my for a step-by-step although it seems this is what you used because I recomended Whoppix. But make sure to copy the SYSTEM file also!

0 0

I thought the system file was to large to copy to a floppy? and know wonder i couldnt get it. I was looking around on it last night and found hda1 but never really looked into it. Thanks for your help. And I love my whoppix. got hooked on it from h2h.