Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

LiveCD and My laptop

0 0

I have a laptop for school and want linux but i need windows so it is compatible. if the laptop has a dvd drive can i just boot from that? and just boot windows when i dont want linux to boot?

if u have ne other ways plz tell me i dont want to have a duel boot!!!

0 0

Do you know what a live cd is? If you do then you should be fine. There are live cds that can be booted from a dvd. Check your bios and see if you can even boot from the DVD tray.

0 0

More effiecent is that you install linux, and create a multiboot. When you turn on your computer it will ask you which OS to start.

Live cd/dvd's work too. Go to your bios and change the boot-device to cd/dvd.

0 0

I agree with spyware Live CD's take soo much load time.

0 0

so i should just use duel boot, so i would have to get my laptop with a bigger harddrive ….

...Legend?
0 0

yeah i dont use linux i personally cant get along with it not my sort of os lol

0 0

what size is your hdd? how much free space have you got on it? i have a 40 gig hdd, and i have a 3 gig partition for my linux and the rest for windows, it works a treat. i have room to install new programs etc on the 3 gig partition for my linux, so its not as if i just have the bare bones and nothing more…

0 0

mine is a 80GB and im using for cisco…. and other "stuff" so just partion it and i guess im going to have to go with the duel boot