Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Help me with my live CD!!

0 0

Here's the problem. Everything. I have no clue where to start with this thing. Q#1 Is the ISO file supposed to be put onto the CD as a ISO file or are you supposed to unzip it? Q#2 All I was doing was copying/pasting the file onto the CD, do I need to do something more? Q#3 How do I get it to load up at boot-up?(Yes, I changed it to boot off the CD drive, I am assuming that you have to do something to the CD) Please explain it like you are talking to the biggest idiot in the world and start from the beginning. I hope someone can help me out here:xx:

0 0

You can either mess around with your live cd in VMware: (http://www.vmwarez.com/2006/02/livecd-player-virtual-machine.html)

Or you could burn the iso file to a cd/dvd and boot it. You just put the cd/dvd into your pc and then turn it on, maybe you need to change the boot settings to search for a bootable cd/dvd first.

(I THINK)

0 0

You can get a free Ubuntu live CD here :) There's no catch, you don't need to pay for shipping or anything. This is the only Live CD i have, (well, I have a Linspire one, but all thats usefull for is getting restricted files from a windows machine :))

All I had to do is change my BIOS and set it to boot from CD, nothing needed to be changed on the CD. This'll at least save you whatever it costs for a writable CD :D

0 0

To Absorb: Thanks for the info i'll check it out, but I would prefer to use the one that I have because of the tools that are on it. It's already downloaded I just have to put it on a cd and get it to boot up. To spyware: I changed the boot settings but it still doesn't work. How do I make it a bootable CD? Thanks for the help everyone!!:D

0 0

You need to get some software that gives you that option of creating a bootable cd.

0 0

From where?

0 0

I have a Knoppix 4.0.2 Live CD.

Just download the .iso and use DiscJuggler to burn it. It's now permantly in my school jacket pocket for quick draw Linux pwnage. :ninja: ;)

0 0

I downloaded slax, knoppix, pclos and have ubuntu live cd's.

with slax knoppix and pclos, I burnt the iso to disc using nero then inserted the disc and restarted. as the boot screen comes up.. (before xp proffesional boot screen etc) I have to hit F12. (Dell Inspiron 600 laptop).

Firtly just check out the options you have… usually it's F2-F12 have the functions.

0 0

I have to hold delete than change the boot sequence in BIOS. On Dells its just F12 and you're away. On the school laptops they make a eardrum-peircingly loud beep if you hold delete :angry:, which kinda blows your cover. :D

0 0

I gotta make the cd-rom boot before the hard disk for it to work….