Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Linux Help

0 0

Hey I recently got the fedora linux CDs so i could dual boot my computer, but when i put my disks in and restart my computer the setup never comes up It just goes right into normal booting I tried using F12 and F8 but they seem to be no help If someone can help me that'b great :D

Lover of Parkour
0 0

It's odd that you can't boot into it, is it a new CD drive? If it works in Windows but not to boot from it is either that your BIOS is incapable of booting to a CD (though most can), or that you don't have the driver for it so your computer doesn't recognize that you have a cd drive there. I suggest searching the cd manufactureres site trying to find a BIOS driver, or even contacting them asking for one.

NC

0 0

Sounds good

Is it possible to get a linux distro and save it onto the c: Drive and go to setip menu in boot and select start from PLace on C: drive I saw that when i tried CD earlier

Lover of Parkour
0 0

I myself have never done it, I believe there is a way to do it with slackware, but I don't know how to do it. You would have to find a way online.

No promises though, NC

0 0

0 0

Hey how can you check The BIOS Boot configuration?

Lover of Parkour
0 0

It really depends on your computer. When you boot you should see in the cornor of your screen when it shows the computer manufacturers logo something htat says one of the F#'s one of them is the BIOS Setup (or configuration) and one is the boot menu. You should jus see what everything is set on.

NC

0 0

When i tried to boot from the Boot menu I clicked on Booting from the CD_ROM but it just said Press F1 to retry boot so i pressed it but it just kept saying it over and over I think its my cd-rom drive I have 2 CD_ROM drives and the main one doesnt work and the secondary one does I think it tries to boot off the main one but it doesnt work

0 0

When i tried to boot from the Boot menu I clicked on Booting from the CD_ROM but it just said Press F1 to retry boot so i pressed it but it just kept saying it over and over I think its my cd-rom drive I have 2 CD_ROM drives and the main one doesnt work and the secondary one does I think it tries to boot off the main one but it doesnt work

Lover of Parkour
0 0

well, there should be a way to setup the BIOS and you can switch the main and secondary CD-rom drives, unless its the driver, just messing around with it should reveal some results.