Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

windows apps on linux ("wine")

0 0

yes i have googled it and i got a site www.winehq.com i have dl it and i have got petty far i dont know how linux works and this is my first project.. i got to the part where in the terminal i use the command winecfg and a windows type app pops up i have installed diablo but i dont know if i have to install it or cp it to the harddisk…im lost can some one give me a tut on this subject and yes i have googled it and i got this far…. and anothe thing i have to do is sinstall the patch i think that is like just running another app…???

ty 4 your time zer0pain

0 0

I haven't used linux in a couple months right now.. but I believe you'd have to go configure it to detect ur CDROM (one of the most important components)… this article does a much better job at explaining it: http://spidertools.com/wine_setup.php

0 0

Okay, let's say the file is named "Install.exe" and is located in "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo/", you execute the the folowing command

wine "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo/Install.exe"

If you have all the DLL's needed, it should work, else, try to emulate a virtual desktop (with winecfg) with, at least, a resolution of 800*600.

If you need more help/infos, add me to your msn (leclairalexandre@hotmail.com):@

0 0

what is mounting???

0 0

MOUNT(8) Linux Programmer’s Manual MOUNT(8)

NAME mount - mount a file system

SYNOPSIS mount [-lhV]

mount -a [-fFnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-O optlist]
   mount [-fnrsvw] [-o options [,...]] device | dir
   mount [-fnrsvw] [-t vfstype] [-o options] device dir

DESCRIPTION All files accessible in a Unix system are arranged in one big tree, the file hierarchy, rooted at /. These files can be spread out over several devices. The mount command serves to attach the file system found on some device to the big file tree. Conversely, the umount(8) command will detach it again.

<3 man pages