Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

linux internet troubleshooting

0 0

i have removable HDD and when i use my Windows i have the net but when i put in my linux (sues ver) the net show there is no connection can ne one walk me throght this problem

zer0pain

0 0

Hmm, what type of intenet connection do you have (dial-up, ADSL, cable, etc)? Do you have a router?

If you have a broadband connection, try these commands (as root):

ifconfig eth0 down ifconfig eth0 up dhclient

The Manager
0 0

you may need to get an updated Linux NIC Driver. Not all drivers are base SuSE. (For example my Marvell Yukon is not! :S)

0 0

im new to linux what do thoes commands do ? i dont want to fuck ne thing thing before i have the chance to paly with it and learn..

The Manager
0 0

What Network card do you have?

Figure out the driver you need and download it. Open YaST2 (If using SuSE) and install it via hardware that way. Note you will need to have it on a floppy or another kind of media because you have no network connection (unless you have dial-up.

0 0

Those commands shutdown the ethernet (eth0) interface, bring it up, and request a new DHCP IP address.

They won't break anything.

0 0

when i dl the drives will i have to get it in a linux format???

0 0

just tell us what card you haveā€¦.. we can't help you unless you tell us