Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

WinXP shutdown command tacable?

Lover of Parkour
0 0

Hey, The end of the year is commin up and I am listen the pranks to pull before I move to high-school. On the list is the "shutdown" command. Of course I know it's traceable, but is it traced to the computer or the user-login? The retarded sysadmin has EVERY COMPUTER IN THE SCHOOL ON THE SAME NETWORK! IT'S A FRIGGEN' PLAYGROUND! Any way I need to double check my groundings cause I am known as the techie and they will come to me first, I need back up

thx NC

0 0

hehe im not even going to tell you what I found today oh well ill tell you we use macs so I did the apple as the command and did "k" thats the server connect then I clicked browse EVERY SCHOOL IN THE WHOLE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS THERE ITS CRAZY yes im cool cause I use caps well any way its crazy does any one know if this is tracable because im trying to get the sujsdstaff thats the staff I need the pw to use this one program

Banned
0 0

Neo_Chalchus wrote: Hey, The end of the year is commin up and I am listen the pranks to pull before I move to high-school. On the list is the "shutdown" command. Of course I know it's traceable, but is it traced to the computer or the user-login? The retarded sysadmin has EVERY COMPUTER IN THE SCHOOL ON THE SAME NETWORK! IT'S A FRIGGEN' PLAYGROUND! Any way I need to double check my groundings cause I am known as the techie and they will come to me first, I need back up

thx NC

Number 1, All winXP commands are tracable. Number 2, dont bother with it if they will come to your first Number 3, if you DO decide to do it, make a batch file and do it and do it on a different login. And on that file, have msg * This was done by (another persons name here) How do I know? Ive done it before, I was traced in the first 30 seconds. But I recommend Number 2.

Bl4ckC4t

0 0

Hmm, sounds a bit like my situation. I always use someone else's account. Use a pc that is FAR FAR away from the sysadmin/someone with administrative function in school. Always have a friend for back-up, he could keep the admin busy/warn you when someone comes. NEVER use your own account if you want to mess around.

If you are the only hacker in the school and the admin knows it, your fucked xD

.. That doesn't mean I think it is a bad idea, messing around is like South Park - Fun!

0 0

lol yeah there's a few comps w/ semi-admin in my school…i always try to get one o' those. they're fixing my fave one tho:( lol our school division is careless.

Lover of Parkour
0 0

It's a public account. For some reason all computers are logged into media lab except the yearbook and newspaper staff. So you guys didn't answer my question (though all your answers were helpful) do they track computers or do they track usernames? I may be the only hacker in school, but I have a spotless record. All my teachers know I wouldn't do something like that, I'd just say "they probobly looked up 'computer pranks' on google and used that, the command isn't exactly secret. If they asked how they got to the command prompt, I'll show them how and be helpful, making it obviouse that its extremely easy.

NC

0 0

so wait if they're all logged into the same thing, do you use seperate personal accounts?

Lover of Parkour
0 0

haha, remember I said my school admin was friggen stupid? We can login to any account at any time. We are supposed to remember our ID and use that as the login, but really, no one uses it and no one cares cause its easier. As far as I know every one from teachers to sysadmin knows, I mean 150 medialab logins a day I'm sure they know.

I lucked out by goin to this school NC

0 0

well if you're not logged into your account, then even if they DID trace you, they wouldn't be able to find out it was you, unless they knew you were on that specific comp at that specific time. But if you're immediately gonna get blamed for it, then there's no point in getting into so much shit for a little prank thing.