Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

linux\windoze help

0 0

ok recently fedora core 5 came out and my friend has it and said he likedit very much and that it's super fats. so I got it and installed on a new partitione. the bootloader that came with it is grub. so after install everything and I go to reboot it gets stuck saying grub loading stage2. so I tryed installing it agian and have same problem. there is a option to have no bootloader also.

so could I install it without a bootlaoder so it boots to fedora then download and install a bootloader off the net?

or should I delete the linux partition so it boots in windows then install a third party bootloader then install linux? if so does anyone know a partitoner that runs from a cd or something. cause right now I don;t have access to either os. thanks

Banned
0 0

stefan wrote: ok recently fedora core 5 came out and my friend has it and said he likedit very much and that it's super fats. so I got it and installed on a new partitione. the bootloader that came with it is grub. so after install everything and I go to reboot it gets stuck saying grub loading stage2. so I tryed installing it agian and have same problem. there is a option to have no bootloader also.

so could I install it without a bootlaoder so it boots to fedora then download and install a bootloader off the net?

or should I delete the linux partition so it boots in windows then install a third party bootloader then install linux? if so does anyone know a partitoner that runs from a cd or something. cause right now I don;t have access to either os. thanks

For goodness sake! At least speak english so we can understand your question - "super fats", WTF?

Id think that the origional bootloader should work fine.

Bl4ckC4t

The Manager
0 0

the first question I have is where did you install the bootloader? did you load it to MBR? did you load it to the first section of the partition? That is a major area of concern becuase I have had problems with dual boots when you DO NOT install the GRUB2 into MBR when Windows is already installed. The nice thing about Linux is it will fix any problems with bootloading if windows is installed first ;)

So if you are installing it, make sure you install it to MBR. This is just what I have had experience in so do not take my word for it. Other people back me up here where you install GRUB2.

0 0

AldarHawk is right, I always install it on the MBR… it's better than Mircosux' bootloader. The guys on IRC are probably tired of me showing this screenshot, but it's mine (running FC5):