Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

whax-3.0.200.705 wireless internet troubles

0 0

I just downloaded whax (some version of whoppix, I've been told). I've never been taught how to use linux so I decided to boot it up and attempt to figure it out on my own. I was having difficulty setting it up to my wireless internet, however. I found an option under settings to change wireless internet configuration, but it wasn't much help. I can choose a network name to connect to and what type of network (Ad-Hoc, managed, repeater, etc.) but I can't figure out how to set a WEP key to use, and even after setting the configuration settings I don't know how to actually connecct to the wireless network with those settings.

Could someone maybe give me a few hints? <.<

0 0

well depending on ur wireless card, whax may or may not pre-detect it.

if it doesnt your going to have to load it using "ndiswrapper" (search google for info, theres millions of tuts).

after doing so just use that configuration thing, and it automaticly connects after being properly configured.

0 0

Does ndiswrapper come with whax? I have whax running live off a CD so I can't add or edit files, only run things and configure them each time I turn it on <.< Should I put ndiswrapper on a floppy disk and run it from that?

0 0

if it does dectect your card then just restarting and ytpeing 'iwconfig <interface name> ssid <networkname>

for example

iwconfig eth1 essid wifi1